• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU's Kevin Easley Jr. enters NCAA transfer portal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU's Kevin Easley Jr. enters NCAA transfer portal

ByJEREMY CLARK

TCU forward Kevin Easley Jr. has entered the NCAA transfer portal, sources confirmed to HornedFrogBlitz on Wednesday. Jake Weingarten of Stockrisers.com was first to report the news.

Easley spent just one season at TCU after sitting out the 2019-2020 season after his transfer from Tennessee-Chattanooga. The 6-foot-7 forward appeared in 26 games for the Frogs this season, averaging 4.5 points per game and 3.7 rebounds.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Kevin-Easley-enters-transfer-portal-163821026/

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
An endless horde of transfers spawns visions of.....opportunists abandoning a sinking ship.
It is not just us ... From the FWST:
The Horned Frogs picked up a commitment from Maxwell Evans, a Vanderbilt guard, while also seeing forward Kevin Easley, Jr. depart. That’s the way college basketball go these days with reportedly more than 1,100 basketball players in the portal.

MadFrog

Does anyone really think Easley was a D1, Big 12 caliber player? He was just one of the many leftovers that JD and his staff have a great talent in recruiting. This is JDs last chance. He and his assistants now have a lot of scholarships to use when they recruit. If JD wants to stay, he must find TALENT that other schools also want, not the leftovers.

TRF51

Does anyone really think Easley was a D1, Big 12 caliber player? He was just one of the many leftovers that JD and his staff have a great talent in recruiting. This is JDs last chance. He and his assistants now have a lot of scholarships to use when they recruit. If JD wants to stay, he must find TALENT that other schools also want, not the leftovers.

I don't think he was good enough to play at this level and there are several others who have transferred who also are not able to play at this level. I think there are a few more that might be asked to move on, especially if JD wants to win and save his job. The recruiting has been horrible aside from Miles lately. Miles probably only stayed so he can play close to home.

Farmfrog

I think if he picks the right place Easley can help a program. Does anyone else wonder what Jamie saw in him to offer? What did he tell Kevin to get his commit?

Easley is the poster boy for the player who doesn’t fit in this scheme. I hope the staff has learned the type of player they need but I’m not confident.

LVH

He was Southern Conference Freshman of the Year, and the SC is one of the better mid major leagues.... but most players who transfer from mid major to high major don't succeed. For every Matt Mooney or Carlik Jones you have a dozen Kevin Easleys