• The KillerFrogs

The Masters: predictions

Bob Sugar

Sandy Lyle was probably feeling good after starting par-birdie. Then he went bogie, quad, bogie, bogie and is pretty much out of contention after 6 holes. Yeesh,

Frog-in-law1995

Masters.com has an odd little fantasy-foursome competition that allows for private groups, so I created one for KF.c.

Putt4Purple, I'll let my Bezeidenhout pick ride there. Hope some of you will join me:
https://www.masters.com/en_US/fantasy/join.html?leagueId=14702&leagueJoinToken=bbea0ad100

How do you see who others have picked? I want to know who to root against. For the record, I’m rolling with Spieth, DJ and Rory, and then that rookie who’s not an amateur.

JogginFrog

How do you see who others have picked? I want to know who to root against. For the record, I’m rolling with Spieth, DJ and Rory, and then that rookie who’s not an amateur.

Click on the group name to see the group standings, then the username to see the players picked. At least it worked for me. I have Ortiz, Reed, Schauffele and Bezuidenhout.

Edit: Looks like the scoring is modified Stableford, so birdie-bogey gets more points than par-par. Therefore, a player's score may not match his actual position on the leaderboard.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

wish Colonial had picked Doak...actually wish they had picked Ben to do it given his love for Texas golf and Colonial.

Not really excited about Gil Hanse or his recent rendition of the plans
Are they changing Colonial's course? There are subtle approaches to that course that make all the difference. It can still put the best golfers on their knees. Leave it alone.

Bob Sugar

lol, I actually started eagle, birdie, birdie once and finished with probably a 95. Quit keeping score I was so disgusted. Holed out on the first from the fairway, then birdied a par 5 and par 3.
Yeah, my best-ever round I played an 11 hole stretch at +1 (1 birdie, 2 bogeys, and 8 pars). I played the other 7 holes at +13.

JogginFrog

I picked Rose for a season-long league the year he switched clubs for a big sponsorship deal. He went from world #1 to off-the-map that year. Glad that he's finally out from under that anvil and able to play his game again. And he's a great guy by all accounts.

Still a lot of golf left--although for those of us who picked Carlos Ortiz over Will Zalatoris in the first-timers category, the cut can't get here soon enough.

I almost went with Fleetwood, but never really considered Rose (or Casey).
Rose wasn’t trending in the right direction, so I passed on him. He’s one of my favorites. I went with Casey because he has been playing well, and I just had this feeling that if he’s ever going to win a major, it might be this week. He’ll only have a few more good chances at his age.