• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

cheese83

I found it to be better than the Whedon, but that’s the thing about DC. Their comics were always darker than Marvel, and the films don’t reflect that often, and when they do, they are hits. DC isn’t set up to have comic relief or campy undertones like Marvel.

This is why DC movies tend to suck. They try to be blockbusters in the traditional sense, but they become blockbusters when they are truer to what the original content is.

I've heard from a few people the Snyder cut is pretty dang good and 100x better than the theatrical version. Wonder Woman 2 was so bad, but so has every movie that was filmed or started pre-Covid and had their filming interrupted. It's like they just took what they had and then scrambled together to make a full film of it. Every movie that has been released early on HBO Max has stunk, makes sense why they agreed to that deal now.

Eight

I've heard from a few people the Snyder cut is pretty dang good and 100x better than the theatrical version. Wonder Woman 2 was so bad, but so has every movie that was filmed or started pre-Covid and had their filming interrupted. It's like they just took what they had and then scrambled together to make a full film of it. Every movie that has been released early on HBO Max has stunk, makes sense why they agreed to that deal now.

scariest part about wonder woman 2, aside from the expedited production schedule of episode 3, is that it went over terribly with early test audiences so they did what never works is brought back in the actors and reshot multiple scenes.

the script was utter dogshit at the highest level, i am talking spring time for hitler bad, and then doubled down with over the top cgi that looked like it was done by some junior high kids

Eight

Where would that be? Steel doesn't have access to all the platforms. Netflix and Amazon basically, and Amazon partners

believe it is amc, prefer english gangsters to english royalty such as the crown or the abbey show as there is no pretense to whom or what they are in the world and how they got what they have

good show, not great, but really think there is a dearth of quality right now even with the british shows

Frog-in-law1995

You misheard. It’s 100x longer than the theatrical release. It isn’t 100x better than Gigli.

Frog-in-law1995

scariest part about wonder woman 2, aside from the expedited production schedule of episode 3, is that it went over terribly with early test audiences so they did what never works is brought back in the actors and reshot multiple scenes.

the script was utter dogshit at the highest level, i am talking spring time for hitler bad, and then doubled down with over the top cgi that looked like it was done by some junior high kids

there’s a scene in the Snyder Cut that looks like a video game.

JugbandFrog

Best baseball movies of all time
1) The Natural
2) Major League
3) 61*
4) The Sandlor
5) Bad News Bears (old version)
6) Field of Dreams
7) For Love of the Game
8) The Rookie
9) Bull Durham
10) 42

The last few were tough. I do know what I am watching the next week or so.

Frog-in-law1995

Really?! You leave out The Natural? I used to draw the lightning symbol on my bats as a youth.

Yes I did. It’s definitely not in my top 10. Maybe not even top 15, but there aren’t that many baseball films to choose from.

Off the top of my head, my top 10 is rounded out by Moneyball, Bang the Drum Slowly and , I guess, A League of Their Own.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Best baseball movies of all time
1) The Natural
2) Major League
3) 61*
4) The Sandlor
5) Bad News Bears (old version)
6) Field of Dreams
7) For Love of the Game
8) The Rookie
9) Bull Durham
10) 42

The last few were tough. I do know what I am watching the next week or so.
Not surprisingly, I love, love 61*. Grew up a big Mickey Mantle fan. Yes, I know he was a flawed human being. Billy Crystal did a wonderful job making the movie, I know it was a labor of love for him.
I've seen Major League so many times, I can say most of the dialogue along with the movie.