• The KillerFrogs

Jamal Powell

East Coast

Tier 1
Was this a long term illness? Last I knew of Jamal he was the OL coach of some pretty salty FCS teams. Prayers for him and his family.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Community Rallies Around SMU Assistant Coach Battling Rare Condition

SMU football assistant coach Jamal Powell is in the battle of his life

By Pat Doney • Published August 13, 2020 • Updated on August 13, 2020 at 6:43 pm

For Southern Methodist University assistant football coach Jamal Powell, remaining positive has never been an issue.

“No matter how low he’s gotten physically with the pain and the sickness, I can always look to him to still lead our family and set the tone for how we’re going to move forward,” said Jamal’s wife Rachel Powell.

The pain and sickness for Powell began on a recruiting trip when Jamal told his wife, Rachel, he felt bad enough to check himself into the hospital.

Read more at https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/...istant-coach-battling-rare-condition/2425578/

FrogCop19

Damnit. I worked with him a few times in the PD. He was a "Froggie Five-O" for a while and ALWAYS had a smile on his face. When he signed with the Texans he came back to campus and immediately remembered me and we sat down and talked a while. What a great dude.