• The KillerFrogs

TCU at OU Game#2

flyfishingfrog

Not a single passed ball. All wild pitches. Is Byrne as good a catcher as Sacco is a SS...nope...but he hasn’t been hyped either. Let him catch Tuesdays and let him develop.
I agree with the Tuesday concept

but if you have experienced as much baseball as you talk - then you know solid catchers save a ton of WPs for their pitchers- passed balls alone don’t even get close to showing of a catcher is starter quality

that’s like saying a 1B shouldn’t have to dig
Bad throws out of the dirt to start

and I think Sacco is way over rated by Schloss - making routine balls look like circus catchers doesn’t make you great

If I was Taylor Featherston - I would be personally offended by Schloss’ statement

but until Shep comes back we have zero alternatives to try

Last edited:

PurpleOveralls

And if I remember correctly, Keaton didn't come to TCU as a shortstop. They put him at SS during some drills and squad scrimmages to fill a position and it stuck.

TCUWIN

Not that I know of

ray is now the Sunday starter

Henry just has been passed by other guys
Awesome. Thanks. I was looking at stats and Ray only had 4 starts compared to Smith’s 7 and now Krob has 7. And He th is hitting .348. But the offense has really started to crank it up, so I’m not complaining. Lol.

flyfishingfrog

Awesome. Thanks. I was looking at stats and Ray only had 4 starts compared to Smith’s 7 and now Krob has 7. And He th is hitting .348. But the offense has really started to crank it up, so I’m not complaining. Lol.
Ray was out for two weeks with Covid protocol

Henry would have to beat out Wood for a starting role most likely and Wood may be the best player in the field right now for the entire team

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
and I think Sacco is way over rated by Schloss - making routine balls look like circus catchers doesn’t make you great

If I were any of Schloss' old shortstops - I would be personally offended by Schloss’ statement

fify

And I was thinking the exact same thing. How the hell does Schloss consider him the best SS he's ever had??

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe Sacco does great things in practice but he sure looks like an average SS to me during the games.

Punter1

List of pitchers who will never pitch in Big 12 games again this season...unless we the deficit/advantage is 8 past the 7th inning..

1. Augie
2. Beethe
3. Drew Hill
4. Probably Riley
5. New name after Sunday's game

frogtex

I bet he starts Tuesday or at least is the first bullpen guy after Meador.

Personally I'd love to see Cam, Meador and Riley get 3 innings a piece on Tuesday against Tartleton.

If you listen to the pregame shows, cam is still recovering from an injury...threw to hitters first time on Wednesday so sounds like he’s getting close to returning

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
FYI:

Today's game will be broadcast on soonersports.tv

Subscription for one month is 9.99.

"Subscribers can watch SoonerSports.tv on desktop and mobile, and on the SoonerSports apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Roku. As a convenience, the Monthly Subscription package is set for automatic renewal each month from the date of signup. You may cancel your subscription at any time."

https://soonersports.com/watch/purchase.aspx#register