• The KillerFrogs

Peacefrog

Degenerate
In order to be completely equitable, TCU should levy a fee, a tax if you will, on all alumni that increases based upon your level of income. If your income is lower you won’t be charged a fee at all. When an alumnus dies, a percentage of their estate must be given to TCU. With this source of revenue, TCU can then distribute free tickets to every alumni. I would even suggest people that didn’t attend tcu, but want to, get free tickets but are not required to pay a fee.

Games will necessarily be overcrowded with this approach and all efforts will be made to assure every single person in attendance gets the same view of the field.

Additionally, we can expect that there will be some people that want to attend but don’t have tickets. If they enter the stadium without a ticket they will be allowed to remain at the game. Should one of these fans be in your seat you may not ask them to be removed from it. Remember, they are here because they are just trying to escape the ship hole stadiums they came from like at Baylor or Tech.

Concessions will be free and distributed to fans. Please make sure to get in line early as quantities are necessarily limited.

With these new policies in place we can be confident that no one has to live in need of a TCU game ever again.

Yes, and historically a 7 game season is when overall price increases often are implemented, because it sounds like you are getting something for your money. The examples above listed the issue of paying for more games, not just a flat season rate. If that is the case, then the same should apply when the number of games goes down, yet I have never seen a decrease going from 7 to 6 home games. Thus the number of games is not the relevant factor, but the overall price of season tickets.

Number of games is also more relevant assuming someone attends every single game in a season. Not all season ticket holders do esp when it involves hours of driving.

By deferring the tickets to the next year without saying additional fees or rate increases would be added is a little misleading simply through the silence. That is the point. A business can do whatever it likes, does not mean it is the nicer way to treat customers, but just the more profitable method.
I don't think you understand what you have been paying for each year. There is the seat donation portion of your ticket, and then there are the games themselves. Going all the way back to 2012, the "season ticket" price had a fixed fee the donation, and a fixed fee for the tickets themselves. In seasons with 7 home games, you paid for 7 games. In seasons with 6 games, you paid for 6 games. You didn't pay a flat fee for everything.

Donation + Per Game Rate (# of games) = Season Ticket Price

You obviously never did the math to realize that you were paying for the 7th game.

tcumaniac

In order to be completely equitable, TCU should levy a fee, a tax if you will, on all alumni that increases based upon your level of income. If your income is lower you won’t be charged a fee at all. When an alumnus dies, a percentage of their estate must be given to TCU. With this source of revenue, TCU can then distribute free tickets to every alumni. I would even suggest people that didn’t attend tcu, but want to, get free tickets but are not required to pay a fee.

Games will necessarily be overcrowded with this approach and all efforts will be made to assure every single person in attendance gets the same view of the field.

Additionally, we can expect that there will be some people that want to attend but don’t have tickets. If they enter the stadium without a ticket they will be allowed to remain at the game. Should one of these fans be in your seat you may not ask them to be removed from it. Remember, they are here because they are just trying to escape the ship hole stadiums they came from like at Baylor or Tech.

Concessions will be free and distributed to fans. Please make sure to get in line early as quantities are necessarily limited.

With these new policies in place we can be confident that no one has to live in need of a TCU game ever again.
You forgot to mention that actual paying season ticket holders must be tested for covid, show their vaccine passport, and wear their masks, however, this is not required for those attending for free.

namollec

You forgot to mention that actual paying season ticket holders must be tested for covid, show their vaccine passport, and wear their masks, however, this is not required for those attending for free.

You forgot to mention that due to current downsizing there will be fewer, if any, ticket takers at stadium entrances. By the way there are a few small gaps in the stadium walls that not effectively monitored.

Of course, feel free to bring your own concessions and maybe "share" them with other attendees.

tcumaniac

I don't think you understand what you have been paying for each year. There is the seat donation portion of your ticket, and then there are the games themselves. Going all the way back to 2012, the "season ticket" price had a fixed fee the donation, and a fixed fee for the tickets themselves. In seasons with 7 home games, you paid for 7 games. In seasons with 6 games, you paid for 6 games. You didn't pay a flat fee for everything.

You obviously never did the math to realize that you were paying for the 7th game.
I obviously understand the logic of prices increasing with an additional game, and assuming we were coming off a few good seasons and weren’t coming out of Covid, I wouldn’t be shocked to see prices to increase.

But taking into account covid, a poor product on the field the past few years, and a likely overall drop in current demand for season tickets, I think it’s in TCU’s best interest leave the total cost of season tickets flat.

In fact, I’ve noticed that many schools across the country are even lowering the cost of tickets this year as a gesture towards fans that may have experienced covid related hardships.

Also. It’s not like our per game season ticket cost is the same as if you were to buy each game individually. There’s always going to be a savings aspect to incentivize people to buy the entire season ticket. This year, it seems as if season ticket holders will experience even more savings.

Lastly, our season ticket cost didn’t decrease when our home game with Ohio State got moved. In fact, they made us pay for an overpriced extra ticket at Jerry world. You could say TCU owes us one.

GenXFrog

And this logic and math were obviously not in effect in 2017, when (an) Ohio State game was moved out of the Carter after season ticket renewals.

There's a reason why there's not a face value printed on TCU football season tickets.

(edit - Maniac made the point already)

Endless Purple

I think Maniac and GenX both had very good information.

I do understand what is on my bill for tickets. I realize there is no breakdown in pricing for individual tickets. I also remember it being $300 per ticket for a 7 game season as well as for a 6 game season, yet the $300 did not change (kinda shifts the view of per game pricing). As Gen X pointed out the Ohio St game. That ticket was not removed from my season ticket price when the game was moved to Jerry World and not included in the pricing. Also for single ticket sales, seats have different prices based on opponent, my season tickets do not list that out. Also most all stadiums have different prices based on location in the stadium, season tickets here only have different donation values.

My guess is that season ticket prices for the seats are based on a total value of the amount needed for funding the athletic dept with accounting for how much the price affects overall sales to get near capacity (supply/demand thing). A lot of math to determine the max amount they can earn from season ticket sales based on price and amount sold in the current market.

Bob Sugar

So then when we go to 6 home games the next year, we can expect the price to drop?
giphy.gif

vicarfrog

given our weak OOC scheduling, yes we are certainly more Tex-mex buffet than Brazilian Steakhouse with the value given to season ticket holders

I am an unashamed tightwad/penny pincher. I will take Pancho's buffet over a Brazilian Steakhouse any day of the week. I'm looking forward to bottom dwelling and buying cheap tickets to Duquesne, SMU, & Kansas. :)

Dogfrog

You forgot to mention that due to current downsizing there will be fewer, if any, ticket takers at stadium entrances. By the way there are a few small gaps in the stadium walls that not effectively monitored.

Of course, feel free to bring your own concessions and maybe "share" them with other attendees.

Those who successfully enter the stadium without paying will also receive 120 hours free TCU tuition, dorm room, and meal plan.

tcumaniac

Giving TCU the benefit of the doubt, hopefully that survey they sent out to season ticket holders asking people's comfort level attending at different capacities was just them taking the opportunity to check the pulse of the fan base.

Surely, they're not still contemplating whether or not to open at 100% in the fall.