• The KillerFrogs

Jaedon LeDee enters portal

TRF51

To bad we waited to long to find a new coach. Biggest mistake ever was not allowing him to go to UCLA. We have been dog [ Finebaum ] since that time and even before that time.

Punter1

He needs to go somewhere that plays 2 bigs...he is a PF, not a 5. I love his game but he should be a starting 4 somewhere. In this league the 4 is almost always a stretch 3 like O'Bannon or Easley.

Ans with that big juco center coming in and KS possibly coming back, LeDee doesn't really have a position here.

Hell Sent Frog

Ledee was certainly a good player coming off the bench, but he did not really appear to be a Big 12 caliber starting forward.
Maybe he is moving on to a program that is in an easier conference.
For sure, at first glance, it looks like another player bailing out on Dixon.

Francis Xavier

I mean, I may be clinging here, but it still is April 1st...the article that Fort Worth Put Out says the program feels good about Lampkin and Souleymane coming in. We may be set down there. Idk. Maybe forced out? I wouldnt want to transfer twice but I no longer get upset at this. The players entering the portal is absurd. I am surprised we haven't had more TBH.

Francis Xavier

Yeah now after seeing it, must be legit. Anyhoo, Like is said, Souleymane is going to inject some really nice athleticism at the very least down low, and if reports are true Eddie and Terren will help down low. Now the question is does Samuel Stay and Who are we targeting. 2 Open Spots as of now. It's this year or bust for Dixon so that is why I am not railing him. Can only wait to see what happens.

Having players in the transfer portal seems to be common for most programs. This sort of thing probably played a role in Roy Williams retiring today.

CountryFrog

You may be right. But if we find a way to replace them with better players then...
That's been the issue though. We're constantly bringing in players who end up not being good enough, not going to class, not wanting to be here, or some combination of all 3. At this point it's hard to have a ton of optimism that the staff will bring in enough good players for us to be a top half of the Big 12 team. I hope they do, but they haven't done it yet and we continue to have a revolving door on the roster.

Certainly though if we bring in a couple stud recruits or transfers who have a big impact next year then that's great. I hope that happens. I'm just not optimistic that it will happen.