• The KillerFrogs

ticketfrog123

Slightly early, but was told season ticket process will "begin in mid-April" (assuming this means confirming to keep seats + declaring to participate in upgrade process + some initial payment) -- feels like this could be a year where people move up to grab better seats that have been out of reach in the past (figuring lower interest in season tickets with covid economic impacts, etc.)

edit: Season Ticket renewal process will begin on April 17 per email on 4.9.21

2019 upgrade process began in May. Guessing it'll be a little bit later this year as renewal emails were typically sent late March in the past.

Link to 2019 Thread for reference
  • I will update the OP for as long as the forum allows me, if not I'll post cumulative updates if additional users want to add additional info on their selection time, points, and rank.
  • Thinking this would be useful for users who want to see where they need to be in subsequent years if they keep track of which days parking lots / seats they want are taken as the selection period progresses. Obviously things can change year to year, though.
Format is: Day / Date / Time / Pts / Rank

2019 example = Date: Wednesday 5.8 / 1:30 PM / 200 pts / rank 2386

——————————————
Day 1 = July 7

Wednesday 7.7 / 3 PM / xx pts / xx rank
Thursday 7.8 / 1 PM / xx pts / Rank 1100s
Thursday 7.8 / 1 PM / xx pts / 1300 rank
Friday 7.9 / 10 AM / xx pts / 1600 rank
Friday 7.9 / 2 PM / xx pts / xx rank
Monday 7.12 / 9 AM / 300 pts / rank 2260

Last edited:

Endless Purple

This will be helpful. I have not received an email on it in years. So this forum acts like my news service for ticket renewals.

I am assuming those of us that just transferred payment from last year to this year, will not be looking at a bill.

tcumaniac

Well sure, the price per game is the same. Did you specifically ask if they are throwing in the extra home game for free?
I did... and she double checked and said "Yes. The total cost of the entire season ticket is remaining the same, even with an extra game."

This specific girl has given me incorrect info before, so I guess we will see.

HFrog1999

Nope. Called ticket office the other day. Was assured that season ticket prices are staying the same.

The Ticket Office TCUManiac Hotline

tumblr_on0vk0b4Wd1vkjvs5o1_500.gif

ticketfrog123

I did... and she double checked and said "Yes. The total cost of the entire season ticket is remaining the same, even with an extra game."

This specific girl has given me incorrect info before, so I guess we will see.

if this is true, then maybe you should replace Donati as AD.

Doubtful, sporting events have always been on a per ticket price (mini-plans, etc) — this is not a buffet where the offering changes but the price stays the same

Endless Purple

I paid early enough last year, that the money was in before the covid got rolling. I rolled it over to this year to help with the demand with reduced seating in 2020, with the expectation I had then paid for 2021 instead. If the ticket office comes back and says to pay more, I will be upset.

I realize it is normal for prices to go up. But if I have paid for something then you come back and later say the price is more, that is a bad way to treat customers.

I paid early enough last year, that the money was in before the covid got rolling. I rolled it over to this year to help with the demand with reduced seating in 2020, with the expectation I had then paid for 2021 instead. If the ticket office comes back and says to pay more, I will be upset.

I realize it is normal for prices to go up. But if I have paid for something then you come back and later say the price is more, that is a bad way to treat customers.
Surely you recognize the difference between the rate going up vs. the rate staying the same but multiplied by more games. You shouldn't expect a free game, nor should you be upset about paying for an additional game.

Endless Purple

Surely you recognize the difference between the rate going up vs. the rate staying the same but multiplied by more games. You shouldn't expect a free game, nor should you be upset about paying for an additional game.
Yes, and historically a 7 game season is when overall price increases often are implemented, because it sounds like you are getting something for your money. The examples above listed the issue of paying for more games, not just a flat season rate. If that is the case, then the same should apply when the number of games goes down, yet I have never seen a decrease going from 7 to 6 home games. Thus the number of games is not the relevant factor, but the overall price of season tickets.

Number of games is also more relevant assuming someone attends every single game in a season. Not all season ticket holders do esp when it involves hours of driving.

By deferring the tickets to the next year without saying additional fees or rate increases would be added is a little misleading simply through the silence. That is the point. A business can do whatever it likes, does not mean it is the nicer way to treat customers, but just the more profitable method.