• The KillerFrogs

TCU & NCAA Data

Paint It Purple

Since March 2020, how many TCU and NCAA wide athletes have tested positive for co-vid?
How many have been hospitalized?
How many "contact traced" athletes subsequently tested/contracted co-vid?
Sadly, how many deaths have been recorded?

Is this data available? I'd be interested if anyone has a link or inside info.

YA

Since March 2020, how many TCU and NCAA wide athletes have tested positive for co-vid?

doubtful TCU would ever publish confidential protected health care information

Eight

you trying to give duquesne an edge or something?

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

doubtful TCU would ever publish confidential protected health care information

OP isn’t asking for personal identifying information. There’s no issue in publishing pop health data. I acquire it and analyze it 4-5 days a week. That said, the OP will not get what he wants...not because of some imaginary protected information issue but because the data has been irreversibly obscured and subjected to haphazard standards and archival. It doesn’t suit the “decision makers” to have their decisions subjected to quant analysis.

Big Frog II

I have not seen any numbers so far. Maybe at the end of the fiscal year, the NCAA and/or TCU will release them.

Paint It Purple

A non-exhaustive search for data finds this:
FBS football = 13,000 total player
*7800 staff (estimated at 60/program)

(NYTimes) Dec 11 report summary:
FBS football Cases = 6629 players and staff*
Cases counted include test confirmed and suspected probable
130 schools
78 gave complete data
33 partial data
19 no data (including TCU)

Hospitalization data not reported
Deaths reported: 0 (thankfully)

BIG 12 DATA:
KS 56 cases low
OU 266 high
Avg 130
TCU - no data reported

Other sports data was not found
1 death was reported (ABC news station Denver) at California University in PA (July) football
1 death reported (SBNation) at Colorado Mesa College (April) baseball

There was one study of 26 Ohio state students with positive antibody tests. That study looked at myocarditis post infection.

Last edited:

YA

OP isn’t asking for personal identifying information. There’s no issue in publishing pop health data. I acquire it and analyze it 4-5 days a week. That said, the OP will not get what he wants...not because of some imaginary protected information issue but because the data has been irreversibly obscured and subjected to haphazard standards and archival. It doesn’t suit the “decision makers” to have their decisions subjected to quant analysis.
How does your little anecdote of your work in the industry that allows you see information that most of us do not see have any bearing on the subject at hand?

Paint It Purple

If you care to examine the data posted above from NYT reporting, you'll notice there are no numbers for hospitalizations. I expected and was not surprised that this wasn't reported. Thankfully no deaths occurred and again I am not surprised based on age group data nation wide. I haven't looked at the percentages of cases to the athlete/staff population compared to general population %'s. Perhaps you have. My wonder is why does the NCAA continue to play basketball and now baseball under such strict conditions?