• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Big 12 ADs expected to vote on league’s intraconference transfer rules Tuesday

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Big 12 ADs expected to vote on league’s intraconference transfer rules Tuesday

BY DREW DAVISON

The college sports landscape continues to evolve and the next evolution appears to be conferences doing away with intraconference transfer rules.

The Big 12 athletic directors are expected to vote on the matter Tuesday and, according to sources, it may be a unanimous vote to get rid of the league’s policy that requires players who transfer within the conference to sit out a season.

If there is enough support for a change, it would still have to be reviewed by the Big 12’s presidents before it becomes official.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article250303824.html

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Might as well do away with LOIs. Sign one-year agreements that have to be honored. Watch rosters turnover every year. The big and rich get bigger and richer. Opposite effect on the others.

Eight

Might as well do away with LOIs. Sign one-year agreements that have to be honored. Watch rosters turnover every year. The big and rich get bigger and richer. Opposite effect on the others.

wasn't it charlie finley who thought that all contracts in baseball should be 1-year contracts

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They need to add conference expansion by 2 or 4 teams to the agenda today. The Big XII and 12 or 14 with UT and OU is good for TCU's long-term future.
We've got just a couple of years before the Big Reset, so I imagine there will be a lot of discussion about this very thing.

There are so many agendas surging about under the surface: Kill the PAC and split up the corpse? Split the BIGXII? Hell, split all the Conferences (Which the SEC will not stand for). Each Program follows what scenario they perceive would benefit them the most.

Bizarro Frog

For some reason I don't fear the transfer rule hurting TCU in Football. We lose players every year but have any of them been significant losses? It seems to me we could be the beneficiary of highly rated players that went to stacked teams that find themselves competing with six other 4-5 star kids every year. Maybe they can come here and develop.

WIN

For some reason I don't fear the transfer rule hurting TCU in Football. We lose players every year but have any of them been significant losses? It seems to me we could be the beneficiary of highly rated players that went to stacked teams that find themselves competing with six other 4-5 star kids every year. Maybe they can come here and develop.

Could see the above as a way to fill much needed spots due to our history of injuries.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
True.

MAcFroggy

Yeah, i see it more as a benefit to TCU than a detriment. I think there will be a lot of "boomerang" kids from the DFW area that go off to school that decide they want to come back and be closer to family. I see TCU being a landing destination for a lot of these kids.

Eight

North Texas, Rice, Houston and Texas State.

raw

Froggish

Take the two Arizona Schools and wait and see who blinks.

AZ schools would have already been approached by the B12 if member schools were really interested. Clearly TX and OU don’t want expansion or it would have already happened behind the scenes. I think at this point it’s probably more likely that UT and OU are both plotting their futures elsewhere

netty2424

Big 12 ADs expected to vote on league’s intraconference transfer rules Tuesday

BY DREW DAVISON

The college sports landscape continues to evolve and the next evolution appears to be conferences doing away with intraconference transfer rules.

The Big 12 athletic directors are expected to vote on the matter Tuesday and, according to sources, it may be a unanimous vote to get rid of the league’s policy that requires players who transfer within the conference to sit out a season.

If there is enough support for a change, it would still have to be reviewed by the Big 12’s presidents before it becomes official.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article250303824.html
Unanimous decision? I thought Lincoln Riley was adamantly opposed to this and wasn’t releasing Chandler Morris?

So he’s denying CM’s release, and then he’ll vote to remove the rule. Weird.