• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
14 years is a long ass time for someone to stay healthy and productive

the length of these contracts, especially after the lost revenue from the covid just seem to indicate that there is far more money in the game of baseball or there are some really stupid people making decisions in these franchises
Probably a lil bit of both. 9 times out of 10 that player isn't with the same team by the end of the contract.

Poojols and the Angels is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where he made it thru the entire contract with the same team. I think this is the last year of the 10 year deal he signed with them.

Eight

Probably a lil bit of both. 9 times out of 10 that player isn't with the same team by the end of the contract.

Poojols and the Angels is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where he made it thru the entire contract with the same team. I think this is the last year of the 10 year deal he signed with them.

pujols is also the guy who i thought of when i read about the tatis deal and i am curious is the angels would have liked to get out from under the last few years of that contract

the big difference is that pujols had ~10 years in already when he signed that deal compared to just starting his career, but he also played first based versus a physically demanding position in the field

Moose Stuff

all for pitch clocks and doing something about the in and out of batters

have no issues with shifts as there is a very, very simple solutions available to the batter

analytics have ruined baseball to some extent to me just as it has to basketball

Totally agree on the last part. Analytics as a tool for helping players maximize their abilities... good. Analytics as a tool for better preparing your team to win a game... good. Analytics as a tool to micromanage every last aspect of a game until it becomes an unwatchable marathon slog through the mud... BAD.

Last edited:

Paul in uhh

have no issues with shifts as there is a very, very simple solutions available to the batter

analytics have ruined baseball to some extent to me just as it has to basketball
I’m ready for both college and pros to move to a 12-second shot clock. get down there and shoot!!!

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The Rangers are getting off to a bad start and the season hasn't even started yet. Injuries are killing us already. This first month could get ugly quick.

Khris Davis out 3-4 weeks
Jose Leclerc out indefinitely
Jonathan Hernandez out indefinitely
Willie Calhoun out indefinitely
Josh Jung out 6-8 weeks

MAcFroggy

I am all for pitch clocks. Watching clips of old games versus new games is crazy. In old clips a pitcher would get the ball back and almost immediately get ready for the next pitch. Same with the batter. So much wasted time now.

i know the three batter minimum was not a huge time saver, but I like that rule as well.

I would be totally fine banning the shift. As a fan I want to see action. I want to see batted balls in play. I want action. I don’t want to see a parade of ground outs the rough the hole because the shortstop moved to the other side of the infield. I am fine if they continue to allow it, but if I had my way, I would do away with it.

FBallFan123

https://www.mlb.com/news/spring-training-standouts-for-every-team-2021

1 player on each team who wowed at camp

Reds: LHP Brandon Finnegan
Finnegan fell way off the radar, and he hasn’t pitched in the Major Leagues since 2018. Poor performances, lack of conditioning and injuries contributed to his coming off the 40-man roster in ’19, and he didn’t see any game action in ’20 because of the pandemic. Finnegan spent much of 2019 at Driveline to rework his mechanics and find his lost velocity. The quality pitches and velocity appeared to be back when Finnegan got into some early spring games. He earned a promotion from Minor League camp to big league camp and into a legitimate option for a bullpen spot. Finnegan may or may not make the club when it breaks camp. But he definitely put himself in position to return to the big leagues at some point in 2021. -- Mark Sheldon