• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Got me a brand new pick 'em up truck on Monday: A Toyota Isis double cab.

Barcelona Red (to distinguish me from the radical Islamic extremists' white vehicles) with a full black-out treatment on wheels, grill, bumpers, badges, etc.

To be honest, probably too flashy for an old fart like me...more like something @nwlafrog would buy (and then modify the hell of it further) but the price was right.

For those who think a Tacoma is a "small truck", its taller, longer, and wider than my BMW X5 SUV. One of them is gonna have to sleep outside.

Barcelona Red (to distinguish me from the radical Islamic extremists' white vehicles) with a full black-out treatment on wheels, grill, bumpers, badges, etc.

To be honest, probably too flashy for an old fart like me...more like something @nwlafrog would buy (and then modify the hell of it further) but the price was right.

For those who think a Tacoma is a "small truck", its taller, longer, and wider than my BMW X5 SUV. One of them is gonna have to sleep outside.
Did you get the matching truck nutz?

Purp

Have we talked about The Steel Woods in this thread? If not, we should. I'm loving their sound, it's like an updated Lynyrd Skynyrd with a bit of Bluegrass and Outlaw Country thrown in for fun.

I dig that. Just looked them up. Straw in the Wind is fantastic. Gonna indulge more of the library. Thanks for the pro tip.

Frog-in-law1995

Any of y'all shoot a lot of pool? I play quite a bit and my son just picked up a magic rack.

Really cool concept.

interesting. I’m a bit skeptical that they wouldn’t have any effect on a ball rolling over it, though. If it’s thick enough that the holes keep the balls in place, it would seem like it would have to be thick enough to have some effect on a ball rolling over it, but it sure didn’t appear to. And the break isn’t a precision shot anyway so no real harm even if it does.

Paul in uhh

interesting. I’m a bit skeptical that they wouldn’t have any effect on a ball rolling over it, though. If it’s thick enough that the holes keep the balls in place, it would seem like it would have to be thick enough to have some effect on a ball rolling over it, but it sure didn’t appear to. And the break isn’t a precision shot anyway so no real harm even if it does.
I wanted to see him roll it over the holes intentionally, rather than from a distance towards a random place

froginmn

Yeah skepticism is the first reaction, until you realize that they use this type of rack in professional tournaments.

It's really thin and I have to admit it's really good. If a ball remains on it after a break you can continue to play, but the pros also have a way to spot a ball and replace it if it moves.

nwlafrog

Toyota ISIS. Laughed out loud at that. I’ve always liked Toyota’s. I really like that cement gray and desert sand color in those trucks too.