• The KillerFrogs

Time For Big 12 to Make Their Move

YA

Careful what you wish for. Some of the smaller programs might be dropped to make room for the big names...
Brother you live in a different time than when you went to TCU. Start acting like we belong instead of hinting of bad things to come because of the past. I know it hard for some people to see TCU what it is today versus 1993 or earlier.

ticketfrog123

Brother you live in a different time than when you went to TCU. Start acting like we belong instead of hinting of bad things to come because of the past. I know it hard for some people to see TCU what it is today versus 1993 or earlier.

baylor or WVU most likely to be dropped

Dman890

Brother you live in a different time than when you went to TCU. Start acting like we belong instead of hinting of bad things to come because of the past. I know it hard for some people to see TCU what it is today versus 1993 or earlier.[/QUOTE

I think size of enrollment to viewing audience is biggest detractor

HG73

Time to make a play for the LA tv market.
Nab USC and UC l A from PAC-12.
Does Big 12 want 12 or 14?
No mercy, SEC, BIG style.
Wouldn't the Mountain time teams make a little more sense?

I don't understand why those MTZ teams aren't already here. Exactly how much money are they leaving on the table annually by staying in the PAC? Where else can they go? The ACC?

Last edited:

Chico Dusty

I don’t disagree with this attitude, but if you think TCU is a guarantee in the new conference realignment - you’d be wrong.

1) USC is one of the Top 2 Bell Cow teams in Pac12 and always has been. TCU was NEVER a Bell Cow team (in SwConf) and never will be (in Big12).

2) USC has multiple National Championships and multiple Heisman Trophy winners in modern era. TCU has none (in modern era - post WWII).

3) USC has never gone through a 20 yr period of absolutely pathetic bottom feeder football as TCU did in 70s 80s and 90s.

4) USC never got kicked out of a conference for being a pathetic bottom feeder (as TCU essential did when Big12 was formed).

5) USC has never had attendance suckage of the TCU level of suckage in the 70s 80s and 90s.

6) USC didn’t have to get pooped on and forced to play in the minor leagues for 15 yrs a TCU had to do in Conf USA, Mtn West, BigEast, and WAC (didn’t actually play in BigEast but did join).

7) Please don’t embarrass yourself by pretending TCU has the same heritage, pedigree, cache, or national respect that USC has just because they both are private schools.

8) I suppose (using your cracked logic) that TCU basketball must be similar and on an equal footing with DUKE since TCU and DUKE are both private.

You sir are a simplistic couch potato. Not an insult but you may want to clean the dirt clods outta all yer facial orfices.

Yer thinking process is similar to Gomer on the Turnip Truck.

Great weather - We love you Gomer -Have a super wonderful day !!

USC is a small private school if you didn't know.

Last edited:

YA

I don’t disagree with this attitude, but if you think TCU is a guarantee in the new conference realignment - you’d be wrong.
Nothing is guaranteed in life. We must keep striving to stay relevant. However, this idea that we are little TCU of old that we need to know our place is a bunch of BS. That line of thinking is outdated and typically said by those who went to TCU prior the 1996 final split of the SWC

FrogAbroad

I'm not thinking in terms of enrollment, nor quality of education, nor medical/law/whatever schools we have or add. I'm thinking of eyeballs in front of televisions and..uhm...posteriors in stadium seats. We are in the entertainment business by virtue of having athletic teams that perform for money in front of paying audiences. If we or any other entertainment provider is not good for selling TV advertising or tickets, there will be others who think they can and promise conference executives that they will.

Chico Dusty

Nothing is guaranteed in life. We must keep striving to stay relevant. However, this idea that we are little TCU of old that we need to know our place is a bunch of BS. That line of thinking is outdated and typically said by those who went to TCU prior the 1996 final split of the SWC

100% agree with this - and I also am a proponent of this attitude.

My point wasn’t mutually exclusive. We can still act like we’re big dogs (and we should), and still face and discuss the reality that we might not be included at the table. The fact of the matter is the conference realignment is a numbers game - and some big dogs will be left out. And we could be one. I think that is all the quoted poster above was saying. All good!