• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU's Gary Patterson: Transfer QB Chandler Morris 'still hasn't been released' by OU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU's Gary Patterson: Transfer QB Chandler Morris 'still hasn't been released' by Oklahoma

ByDEAN STRAKA

TCU football picked up a notable addition to its roster in January when the Horned Frogs landed a commitment from Oklahoma transfer quarterback Chandler Morris, but it now it appears that there may be some extra hurdles in getting the Dallas-Fort Worth area native into a Horned Frogs uniform -- at least in 2021. According to Horned Frog Blitz's Jeremy Clark, TCU head coach Gary Patterson told reporters on Monday that the Sooners have not yet released Morris when asked if the signal-caller could be eligible in time for the 2021 season.

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/gary-...-being-eligible-tcu-football-2021--162910682/

y2kFrog

I thought Oklahoma was better than this. I guess not.

He did this with Austin Kendall too. Riley probably logs into the transfer portal every morning to see who he can pluck but as soon as someone leaves he wants to play hardball. Biggest hypocrite out there. This will end the same way with OU relenting after bad press. GP probably tried to take care of things quietly but now is going public to force the issue.

jake102

agree somebody else posted he’s practicing but currently not eligible to play in games.

no different than transfer QBs running scout team when they have to sit out a year.

given the support from Evans and others, sounds like he’s practicing with the 1’s

Yes to everything but practicing with the 1s. Duggan is the starter. I'm sure Morris gets some reps, but it's mostly 2nd team.

ticketfrog123

Yes to everything but practicing with the 1s. Duggan is the starter. I'm sure Morris gets some reps, but it's mostly 2nd team.

for now. That’ll change once he’s deemed eligible (why waste reps with 1’s on somebody who theoretically can’t take the field)

Doubtful that Duggan will be the starter against OU if Morris is eligible

Punter1

I don't blame Lincoln for this...he knows we have nothing behind Max, who with his running style, could be injury prone.

If I was Lincoln I'd rather face Matthew Downing than C Morris....

ticketfrog123

False

Max is the unquestioned starter in 2021 no matter if Morris is eligible or not

oh yeah you believe everything GP says?

hahaha 7-5 season here we come. What a waste if that actually turns out to be the case.

Expect the key skill position guys on offense to transfer after next season if they’re stuck with Duggan again. CM didn’t transfer here to backup Max for 2 more years...he could’ve stayed at OU to do the same with Rattler

Last edited: