• The KillerFrogs

TCU baseball going to 35% capacity, and that could increase "soon"

Big Frog II

Actually almost all of GA is former reserved seat holders I think since they sold out - maybe a few GA season holders got in Friday but many reserved ticket holders where still picking Friday when they sold out all GA

my point is that the season ticket holders in GA seem to be showing up at a higher rate that those with actual seats - and with most of the right field line un-useable because of the extended dugout tents - even with the current levels of attendance it is already pretty tight on the top level of both right field foul area and the outfield

even we actually had most ticket holders show up - it would be packed given all the GA tickets they sold and the limited viewable area
Those purple tents are annoying.

ticketfrog123

No, but they’re smart enough to realize that allowing full capacity at their baseball stadium will not result in an increase in COVID cases

So following tech’s lead is something we should be doing? That’s a first.

There’s an outsized risk of a lawsuit from an ambulance chaser if you’re the first mover to go back to full capacity.

sounds like we’ll be above 50% by April.

do we even sell out baseball games that aren’t against Tech or UT on a weekend?

GoFrog Yourself

So following tech’s lead is something we should be doing? That’s a first.

There’s an outsized risk of a lawsuit from an ambulance chaser if you’re the first mover to go back to full capacity.

sounds like we’ll be above 50% by April.

do we even sell out baseball games that aren’t against Tech or UT on a weekend?

I never said we should follow anyone’s lead. TCU is fully capable of making this decision on their own and so far they have decided to only allow 35% capacity. I disagree with their decision but they’re free to make it and there’s nothing I can say or do to change their minds.

I think worrying about getting sued over this thing is overblown but, again, I’m not a decision maker at TCU. If they’re concerned about it then so be it.

The only times I’ve seen a truly full stadium are during postseason games. Maybe one game vs. Texas.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
So it appears we are going to increase capacity in increments of 10% per week. By seasons end we should be at 105% Makes as much sense as anything of the other protocols.
Science!

Mens-Science-Because-Making-Stuff-Up-is-Not-Ok-Crusher-Tee_75642_2_lg.png

Mens-Science-Is-Like-Magic-Crusher-Tee_72707_2_lg.png

Mens-Pause-Moment-of-Science-Crusher-Tee_76600_2_lg.png

flyfishingfrog

No idea how you do incremental increases

are the new “tickets “ all GA?

or does a new person get reserved seats over the season ticket holder that is stuck in GA right now?

Or are the starting at the point in the list of people that got stuck in GA and offering them to move but forcing those that moved from their original seats but have reserved in another location to stay put?

Or starting over with picking ?

Seems like a strange approach - either open up or leave it seems more logical

tcumaniac

From what I've been able to gather, nothing has really changed since the season started other than maybe a few more GA tickets available for those who walk up to the ticket office, day of.

According to my most recent conversation with the ticket office, they supposedly requested the ability to increase capacity but were denied permission by TCU. She was unable to specify who exactly she meant by "TCU." I imagine it's some combination of the board & the chancellor (pressured by loud liberal faculty members) along with possible outside consultants.

Either way, shame on TCU for continuing to be a bunch of passive, spineless pansies.

Zubaz

From what I've been able to gather, nothing has really changed since the season started other than maybe a few more GA tickets available for those who walk up to the ticket office, day of.

According to my most recent conversation with the ticket office, they supposedly requested the ability to increase capacity but were denied permission by TCU. She was unable to specify who exactly she meant by "TCU." I imagine it's some combination of the board & the chancellor (pressured by loud liberal faculty members) along with possible outside consultants.

Either way, shame on TCU for continuing to be a bunch of passive, spineless pansies.
Goodness. Heaven forbid we be a bit deliberate. We're not even 2 weeks past the Governor's orders, we're making progress towards what everyone agrees is your goal, and you're mad because....why? Because we don't just Leeroy Jenkins the thing?