• The KillerFrogs

How FFF are you?

YA

I found and joined this place around the March 18, 1997 basketball game against Notre Dame. I did change my screen name as I got older.

Scott was arkifrog and I meet him at the track field to give him some football tickets for a random game I cannot remember. At that game, he came to my tailgate and brought me some pecans and honey (I kid you not) as a thank you for the tickets. He would stop by every game after that and visit. Back when NormalFrog was social, he would stop by too for a beer or three.

Meet a lot of folks over the years from this site. Good place that I spend way too much time during my day, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Limp Lizard

The details of my joining here are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe and shortly thereafter discovered this place.
That Dr. Evil quote reads a little like the writing of Max Shulman.

NORMLFROG

I found and joined this place around the March 18, 1997 basketball game against Notre Dame. I did change my screen name as I got older.

Scott was arkifrog and I meet him at the track field to give him some football tickets for a random game I cannot remember. At that game, he came to my tailgate and brought me some pecans and honey (I kid you not) as a thank you for the tickets. He would stop by every game after that and visit. Back when NormalFrog was social, he would stop by too for a beer or three.

Meet a lot of folks over the years from this site. Good place that I spend way too much time during my day, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Dude. That hurts LOL!

My killerfrogs involvement started back in the WAC. Used to bob off in the Sunday night Bob room. Really enjoyed meeting posters over the years. Lunches at Mama's, etc. It's like a big dysfunctional family with many drunk aunts and uncles. While I'm not as social as I used to be, I still love you YA...

This is really part of my extended family and I'm thankful for all of you....even as anti-social as I am.

NF

SnoSki

I joined at some point during my freshman year when I heard we got a commitment from the Katy HS qb Andy dalton. He had just won state so I figured that was a big deal for us.

I post less than I used to after some hot takes got me unwanted attention from people who know me outside of KF

I do lurk though! Have met many great people through this site: wes, Scott, phormer, spike, steel, Frognosticator, Riggs, Swanson, Maniac to name just a few. We are all tcu degenerates and I love it.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Border Collie was a hoot, mainly as a vehicle for criticism of Sullivan.

Sounds like Border Collie was in a short but hallowed line of TCU underground rebellion pubs such as......The Raven. And as I recall, even The Skiff published some errant humor comic stripes—The Onion Eaters. Funny, but not on the scale of Adventures of Wally Schleppenheimer.

Horned Toad

I think I found the old site around the Sun Bowl days. I lurked for a long time before I ever got up enough nerve to post anything. That first post was so exciting. It was some TCU tidbit I thought I had the scoop on.

Dogfrog

I moved from Dallas to Houston in 96, and I know I found the site a couple years before that so maybe 93/94?- just remember going in through Don’s golf site. Also remember Whitewolf, Tired, and Gunner among others were already holding court. My first name was Frogdog, then one day maybe late 90’s I couldn’t log in under that name (maybe no accident) so I changed it to Dogfrog.

frogfanRyoga

Joined right after the OU game in 2005. While I lurk instead of post, this place has been a daily escape since then.

Speaking of Boston Frog he must live on a ground floor, otherwise he'd of gone splat a long time ago.

y2kFrog

I found the old golfsw server around 96 or 97 while at TCU even before I had internet at the house. I would go to computer labs at TCU just to read. I don’t remember when I first posted but I have used the same handle since then. Never met anyone here in person (too anti-social in the past). Once had Wes and Scott right behind me in line to get into a football game and have kicked myself ever since for not saying anything. I was too in awe at the moment.

tcudoc

I joined at some point during my freshman year when I heard we got a commitment from the Katy HS qb Andy dalton. He had just won state so I figured that was a big deal for us.

I post less than I used to after some hot takes got me unwanted attention from people who know me outside of KF

I do lurk though! Have met many great people through this site: wes, Scott, phormer, spike, steel, Frognosticator, Riggs, Swanson, Maniac to name just a few. We are all tcu degenerates and I love it.
Good to see you post again. You’re one of only a handful that I have gotten to meet in person when I went to see you perform at a local place.
I got to meet a few at the only kfc lunch I ever got to attend one Friday after I had been on trauma call all night. It really was surprising to put faces to some of the names and personalities

don

I remember it as Don’s TCU board was a link off a golf site he had. The first handle I saw was Tired of Frank and I knew I found my place on the internet. Of course Tired of Frank was Wes and he morphed it into Tired of Frank/Pat/Lance and I think a couple others before becoming just Tired. I also met Scott early on. He was ArkieFrog or ArklaFrog something like that. Wes and a group acquired the board from Don and turned it into the Frog Fan Forum around 1997 or 1998 I want to say and updated the platform. A couple years later Scott acquired it and he and Wes partnered. Maybe it was when Scott stepped in it became Killerfrogs and again expanded, making FFF one of the forums.

Don would know and Deep Purple (what happened to him?) used to share the board history. I am sure some or most of this is incorrect so those who have better info please share.

Very early on I began sharing TCU news and served as a FFF writer covering games. The LT record breaker is a great memory covering it for the FFF and some great Tubbs games being courtside.

I think Frog Fan Forum was the message board of the Online with the Horned Frogs website. The name moved over to them. I went into doing some part-time sports writing for TCU & Fox Sports and needed to drop the association with the message boards because it wasn't in great favor with TCU Athletic Dept. I gave it to Wes & Company and had a deal with Rivals to move my board to their site. The Rivals site was super slow at the time and we had a plan for everyone to move to the new site at KFC. I got some Rivals stock that was soon worthless when they went bankrupt. Scott took over by himself for a while when he came on board, but then let Wes back in after his son passed so he would have something to do. Wes told me a number of times how much that meant to him. Miss them.