• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Men's basketball tournament

Putt4Purple

I am so infuriated looking at the selection committee pick all these 68 some odd teams and TCU is not in the mix for 20 some odd years with an exception of one or two years how can this be?
The more TCU is not in front of the TV Cameras in any major sporting event the less likely TCU will be considered a major sports school. Sorry baseball fans you are 3rd at best in the consideration! I'm not trying to point fingers at the current coaching staff but my God, they were supposed to right the ship. The current A.D. staff has tough decisions to make. Get to work!!!

Pharm Frog

Your response is probably THE reason most TCU fans don't care about our Mens basketball program. Complacency. You proved my point.

Yawn yawn. Fire Donati. Fire Dixon. Repaint that awful court. Learn to shoot. Develop basketball IQ. I tried to get involved. Went to a bunch of games (not this season of course). Simply don’t like it and have better things to do. Used to love college basketball. Now it’s yawn and not just TCU.

Putt4Purple

Yawn yawn. Fire Donati. Fire Dixon. Repaint that awful court. Learn to shoot. Develop basketball IQ. I tried to get involved. Went to a bunch of games (not this season of course). Simply don’t like it and have better things to do. Used to love college basketball. Now it’s yawn and not just TCU.

Again, you have proven my point. I'm glad you expressed your opinion. I'm just getting reassurance that the A.D. department has to make tough hard decisions that will eventually make people care. Your vote is a NO. Understood!

JugbandFrog

I was a HUGE basketball fan growing up, but the game in general (college AND pros) just isn’t as entertaining as it used to be.

There seems to be less teamwork and flow to games these days, plus a lot of missed jumpers. Too much isolation plays. I don’t know what else.

I warch TCU because it is TCU, but the product they have put on the court since the Run DMC days of Tubbs has been trash.

Paul in uhh

I think tcu hoped for the best with Dixon but one major error there is that his brand of bball is slow, plodding, boring, technical. If they’re gonna finish .500 or so every season at least get a fast paced and exciting offense on the court!

Endless Purple

I am so infuriated looking at the selection committee pick all these 68 some odd teams and TCU is not in the mix for 20 some odd years with an exception of one or two years how can this be?
The more TCU is not in front of the TV Cameras in any major sporting event the less likely TCU will be considered a major sports school. Sorry baseball fans you are 3rd at best in the consideration! I'm not trying to point fingers at the current coaching staff but my God, they were supposed to right the ship. The current A.D. staff has tough decisions to make. Get to work!!!

So baseball doesn't count, that leaves only football and men's basketball to determine major sports school. The last time TCU went to the NCAA tournament more than once in a decade was the 1950s I believe. So that means TCU has never been a major sports school. This post might be more useful if it was made 50 or 60 years ago.

Probably 90-100 FBS schools would be happy to be in TCU's football shoes. TCU is still probably in the top 3rd for basketball with some 300+ schools. Plus TCU has made an effort to get and keep good coaches, unfortunately our administration is not omniscient enough to know that all coaches will succeed every year. I know, we are supposed to fire them because of it.

Maybe instead of all the postings about our coaches and teams suck every time they don't finish in the top 4 or so, we actually posted positive support for things that are working, which is quite a lot. Plus positive responses might get more people involved than just whining all the time. I blame it all on FedEx.

The last paragraph is not Putt4Purple specifc.