• The KillerFrogs

Fire Jeremiah Donati. Really. He needs to go.

HFrog12

Not sure if that's why he got the gig, but I was kind of shocked we did not pull in an active AD from an up and coming school or even established program.

We have an AD that, as mentioned, is the previous ADs godson. We have the head of the offense who was GPs best man. We have a coach with no prior coaching experience coaching the most important position on the field. We have an OC who we departed with and was then fired by KU and out of a job for at least a year. I won’t even harp on being deprived of home games to go play at an AAC school every other year. There is a reason TCU athletics is where it is and it’s because we refuse to ever grow up. We take the easy route and rest on the laurels of a Rose Bowl win and a MWC underdog mentality. I’m a Frog forever but wish we at least pretended we could be a big time power 5 athletic program.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Not sure if that's why he got the gig, but I was kind of shocked we did not pull in an active AD from an up and coming school or even established program.
Do you know how much of what CDC gets credit for was actually done by Donati? Me either but having information is better than guessing and then hoping a man with a family gets fired from his job that no one has empirical data to prove he has performed poorly. Lots of feelings. Very few facts.

jake102

Do you know how much of what CDC gets credit for was actually done by Donati? Me either but having information is better than guessing and then hoping a man with a family gets fired from his job that no one has empirical data to prove he has performed poorly. Lots of feelings. Very few facts.

I think a fact is this - our basketball program is terrible and Donati was responsible for keeping Dixon here. That was a mistake. Probably a mistake most of us would have made, but that's why he is being compensated very well.

I assume he's heavily judged on donations, and unfortunately I can't comment on specifics other than broadly knowing that donations are down.

And probably the #1 always top priority for any TCU AD is to make sure we are positioned to stay in P5, whatever that entails. I sure hope a meaningful football and basketball team aren't important.

4th. down

I think a fact is this - our basketball program is terrible and Donati was responsible for keeping Dixon here. That was a mistake. Probably a mistake most of us would have made, but that's why he is being compensated very well.

I assume he's heavily judged on donations, and unfortunately I can't comment on specifics other than broadly knowing that donations are down.

And probably the #1 always top priority for any TCU AD is to make sure we are positioned to stay in P5, whatever that entails. I sure hope a meaningful football and basketball team aren't important.

Obviously we did not learn on the Sullivan coaching situation. If a coach or player does not want to be here, "well bye." So, what then are contracts for? To me, they help protect on raiders where we can negotiate a little and get some payback that could apply to a new staff. I had heard that we could have gotten some dollars out of UCLA at one point.

We just missed on this one, self included, because i was for CDC getting it done. Before we step out when Jamie does vacate, the administration needs to decide if we want to be a contender in the Big 12. If so, proceed with all due caution so we don't make a back to back mistake.

LeagueCityFrog

2024 realignment is closer to us than when Boykin and Doctson were playing for the Frogs. TCU continuing to be at the power table after whatever shakes down with this next round of TV deals and any potential conference realignment will ultimately determine how good of a job ADJD is doing. He knows it, we Frogs know it.

Coach Schloss and Coach P are both going to have multiple good seasons in the near future, so ADJD will be good on that end. Coach Dixon unless he gets it turned around will probably be the Frog basketball coach for two more seasons then enter an early retirement would be my guess. Big XII needs to poach two schools from the Pac-12 and as a result TCU is probably good for another 10-20 years.

Obviously we did not learn on the Sullivan coaching situation. If a coach or player does not want to be here, "well bye." So, what then are contracts for? To me, they help protect on raiders where we can negotiate a little and get some payback that could apply to a new staff. I had heard that we could have gotten some dollars out of UCLA at one point.

We just missed on this one, self included, because i was for CDC getting it done. Before we step out when Jamie does vacate, the administration needs to decide if we want to be a contender in the Big 12. If so, proceed with all due caution so we don't make a back to back mistake.
i agree with this. dixon wanted to go. he told donati that he wanted to go. ucla publicly named him as their top candidate. donati wouldn't even entertain a buyout discussion with ucla despite ucla willing to pay some buyout, just not 8 million. it is so frustrating that other frogs don't see how piss managed this was by both dixon and donati and whoever else was behind the decisions. donati and dixon need to be shown the door.

jd is no cdc, morrison, or even hyman.

long time reader first time poster.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Keeping Dixon was celebrated almost universally on here. It didn’t work out. If he doesn’t do anything to correct the basketball issue then, as I’ve stated in other threads, I have a problem with it. Football is fine. Too many of you have too high of expectations. We aren’t and will never be an annual contender. We will have our chances. But there aren’t enough alumni and eyeballs or a big enough stadium/bright lights for us to be more than that. Unless you want to get dirty.

The number of programs that would not exchange football results with TCU since 2010 is small.

I can’t and won’t worry over things I can’t control. TCU will be fine. If not, nothing I can do about it.

edit: when you can’t fill your stadiums/arenas then donations are going to be down. When the damn economy gets shuttered then donations are going to be down. I don’t think we can attribute too much of the donation issue to poor performance over the issues we have been dealing with for the past year.

Last edited:

jake102

Keeping Dixon was celebrated almost universally on here. It didn’t work out. If he doesn’t do anything to correct the basketball issue then, as I’ve stated in other threads, I have a problem with it. Football is fine. Too many of you have too high of expectations. We aren’t and will never be an annual contender. We will have our chances. But there aren’t enough alumni and eyeballs or a big enough stadium/bright lights for us to be more than that. Unless you want to get dirty.

The number of programs that would not exchange football results with TCU since 2010 is small.

I can’t and won’t worry over things I can’t control. TCU will be fine. If not, nothing I can do about it.

Celebrating keeping Dixon on here means nothing, for the vast majority, we are a bunch of nothings who know nothing. I'm being compensated $0 (I pay for a 247 subscription actually) to make these decisions. It's his job to be right, even if the fanbase is screaming he's wrong. He was wrong, that is a fact.

I think you are underplaying our football issues the past few years, but I hear you. If we hadn't played well against Oky State and LTech, I'd be much more in disagreement but perhaps a light clicked on. My only real disagreement is that our talent isn't the issue anymore. Based on talent we should be near the top 25 every year, only OU and UT have more talent.

I'm coming around on your last point.

There is nothing wrong with Donati. I guess some people have a personal vendetta.
i am no mega donor like it seems others are on this board but my pp are in the 100s. there's genuine feedback in this thread and people like myself in that 100s level are increasingly frustrated with what we call donatis frat house. our donations probably doesn't move the needle but i wouldn't say that there is nothing wrong with donati. maybe i do have a vendetta but i am in a long line then.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Celebrating keeping Dixon on here means nothing, for the vast majority, we are a bunch of nothings who know nothing. I'm being compensated $0 (I pay for a 247 subscription actually) to make these decisions. It's his job to be right, even if the fanbase is screaming he's wrong. He was wrong, that is a fact.

I think you are underplaying our football issues the past few years, but I hear you. If we hadn't played well against Oky State and LTech, I'd be much more in disagreement but perhaps a light clicked on. My only real disagreement is that our talent isn't the issue anymore. Based on talent we should be near the top 25 every year, only OU and UT have more talent.

I'm coming around on your last point.
I may be underplaying the last few years, I’m just expanding the scope. Put it this way, if someone guaranteed us four top ten finishes with two in the top three over the next decade but .500 in the other six years would you take it? I would. 95 percent of the programs out there won’t sniff those results.

Do we need a turnaround? Yep. Hope Max learns to put some touch on the ball and make quicker reads.

researchfrog

He makes enough money that we shouldn't have to worry about him getting fired. It's not like he's a groundskeeper or housekeeping.

jake102

edit: when you can’t fill your stadiums/arenas then donations are going to be down. When the damn economy gets shuttered then donations are going to be down. I don’t think we can attribute too much of the donation issue to poor performance over the issues we have been dealing with for the past year.

Pre COVID

Peacefrog

Degenerate
He makes enough money that we shouldn't have to worry about him getting fired. It's not like he's a groundskeeper or housekeeping.
I worry about anyone getting fired unnecessarily. If there are facts to support it, then sure. If it’s just conjecture then I personally require more.