• The KillerFrogs

TCU 360: TCU’s mask mandate to remain in place

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s mask mandate to remain in place

Amanda Vasquez

Texas plans to rollback its COVID-19 restrictions and mask mandate Wednesday, but TCU plans to keep its precautions in place.

Chancellor Victor Boschini told the Faculty Senate Thursday that TCU won’t be adopting the state’s stance.

“No, we are not stopping on any of our precautions,” Boschini said. “We are going to be as vigilant as we can.”

Read more at https://www.tcu360.com/2021/03/tcus-mask-mandate-to-remain-in-place/

HFrog1999

tenor.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Clearly. They'd rather engage in continued hysterics than calmly and rationally examine the physical evidence. I remember a time when there was a thing called the "Scientific Method." A means by which one could examine facts, and, using the observations of those facts, formulate a theory of process by which these facts came to be observed. More experiments and observations were needed to gather more facts, to prove or disprove the theory earlier posited. The more facts gathered and observed, the greater the certainty that the theory was correct.

Now, of course, in this enlightened age, we have "Science!" It is a rhetorical device devoid of what we used to call science, consisting mainly of nebulous pronouncements which rely on some facts, but exclude others, thus rendering the theories posited strange and unwieldy...

froglash88

Our faculty is clearly made up of a bunch of dumbasses.
You are disgusting dude. You want every rule, law and recommendation to accommodate your wants. Do you even know the difference between needs and wants? How dare they inconvenience the lower west side envious-can’t get the seats I want now crying-only I should decide percentage of occupancy whimpering-tcumeshuggana. Maybe, just maybe this decision stems from the loss of one of the best faculty members in TCU history in Dr Rhodes. Go whine and stomp your feet somewhere else. Even the people who agree with you on some of these issues are tired of your everyday crybaby diatribes.

Go Frogs!
(Only if they accommodate my wants)

LVH

The TCU administration whether it be the faculty or athletics leadership, is a joke. A bunch of left wing activists is what they are. Stop sending them money. Each time I get a fundraising email from TCU I tell them to piss off.

LVH

Our faculty is clearly made up of a bunch of dumbasses.

How many of our TCU students have been hospitalized or have died from this thing? 0?

Know how I know its 0? Because if it were 1, the Star-Telegram would still be writing soapbox articles about it to this day.

Of course, I bet TCU would credit their mask mandate as to why its 0...

4 Oaks Frog

The TCU administration whether it be the faculty or athletics leadership, is a joke. A bunch of left wing activists is what they are. Stop sending them money. Each time I get a fundraising email from TCU I tell them to piss off.
How clever...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

Limp Lizard

How is trying to keep people safe left wing? How is relying on the doctors, professional scientists and the CDC bad science.

Bad or pseudo science is the norm now, but is is basically practiced by politicians and disinformation groups, primarily on the right. Yes, scientists know there is global warming, established fact, yes evolution is a fact. Yes, cigarette smoking is very harmful to your health.

LVH

How is trying to keep people safe left wing? How is relying on the doctors, professional scientists and the CDC bad science.

Bad or pseudo science is the norm now, but is is basically practiced by politicians and disinformation groups, primarily on the right. Yes, scientists know there is global warming, established fact, yes evolution is a fact. Yes, cigarette smoking is very harmful to your health.

Muh science!

Sorry to break it to you, but masks are meaningless.

If masks work, explain COVID numbers in Florida vs. California. Or even Florida vs. Texas. Florida has never had a mask mandate and have been open since September.

It's almost like letting this virus run its course so we can build up herd immunities faster is a better option than cowering away like afraid dogs which simply delays the inevitable.

Wexahu

Big headline in the DMN front page today reads "Mask Orders Slow Spread, Study Says" with quotes from the CDC director. I actually read the article. This study is basically a complete joke, yet of course the first sentence by the writer is "A new national study adds strong evidence that mask mandates can slow the spread of the coronavirus and that allowing dining at restaurants can increase cases and deaths."

I mean, just look that sentence alone......"can" slow the spread....."can" increase. Well, I suppose it can, but maybe it doesn't? And then it mentions that in their study, which when you read it you find out there are all kind of variables involved that they admit make conclusions in studies like this limited in their accuracy, the reduction in growth rates ranged from 0.5% to up to 2%. Really? A half a scheissing percent? And not only that, maybe a half percent? And maybe nothing at all. Maybe masks do more harm than good, who knows? I'll come up with a study that shows that might be the case.

Read it for yourself (I don't subscribe online so I can't link it). Would anyone with any sort of ability to think critically consider this study to be "strong" evidence? Seriously, the article is an absolute joke, reeking with a political agenda. Let's just call it what it is. And it is THE headline in the DMN today. Pathetic journalism.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Which Doctors are you referring to? The ones like the quack Fauci who have repeatedly lied to us? Or the ones that made up the Barrington Declaration( https://gbdeclaration.org/ )? Funny, but in the fullness of time, the skeptics have been proven right, while the bureaucratic swine like Fauci have proven themselves to be little more than lab-coated tools for their political masters.

What is this nonsense? "Glo-Bull Warmening" is "established fact" is it? I suggest you look again at what you are calling "pseudo science" where these things are concerned. The example you have provided is hardly "fact" but, like so many other things foisted upon us in these times of ignorance, a product of half-truths coupled with outright falsehoods and peddled to the gullible masses as the Gospel in order to gain political power. You are a wee bit older than I. Surely you remember the breathless predictions of the Glo-Bull Warmening Apostles that we would all be roasting to death in 120 degree heat, with the rising oceans lapping at our knees by the... Year 2000!.. Um, the Year 2010! Um... The Year 2020! Yeah. They're right on target...

flyfishingfrog

Because it doesn’t keep anyone be significantly safer really - again there are doctors and “scientists” on both sides but yet the left including the press only show one side so it fits their agenda

do you find it odd that the CDC has not published any findings on why Florida isn’t a caldron of death from COVID and per person lower than 27 other states despite almost none of the restrictions called for by the CDC and a population with demographics far to the high risk side?

If they were really interested in “science” wouldn’t you think they would be studying that state with a strong focus as the control group to their “recommendations”

does it bother you that the CDC analysis of masks effectiveness ignored the reduced traffic patterns of consumers to business after masks mandates? They basically didn’t account for the effect on lower levels because people stayed home? And then ignored the question when asked?