• The KillerFrogs

KU Fires Les Miles

Punter1

Creighton suspends their basketball coach for saying the word plantation...and two schools let Les Miles coach with these crazy, creepy...if not illegal...accusations.

Eight

ironic if miles gets fired at kansas for something he did at lsu

does long get fired for hiring les? if les did nothing wrong at kansas and lsu never came up in his back ground check or the interview process what next?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They didn't really have a great season with him, maybe the coeds made it easier for KU to break the contract.
Somebody at Kansas finally came out of their winter stupor and noticed that they'd been fleeced by Les and his Agent, Count Dracula. "How could we have been so stupid? Guaranteed contract? He certainly coached like he couldn't have cared less... We can't afford this for another, what, 6 years?!? Great googley moogley..."

So, after poring over their Blackmail File (almost certainly dredged up during the lengthy due diligence portion of the Hiring Process), they found the perfect thing to flop on the table. The reserved Deathcard which they had as a hedge against the ridiculous contract they agreed to.

Nobody's that stupid. Not even Kansas.

tcudoc

If it can be shown that there were allegations and punishments handed down at LSU that were lied about or not disclosed, I think they can have a good case to let him go based on events that occurred previously. In medicine, if you lie or fail to disclose criminal incidents from the past, it can result in forfeiture of your license and can cause a hospital to release you from employment based on falsification of information. So, it would not be unheard of. If it is just based on rumors, then that is likely unfair.
Full disclosure, I have not read much on this about what he actually did at LSU and whether it was criminal or if he received actual official punishment.

ShreveFrog

LSU AD wanted Miles fired 3 years earlier:

Alleva wrote to then-LSU president F. King Alexander and the school’s legal counsel with the recommendation that LSU fire Miles for his conduct.

“I specifically told him not to text, call or be alone with any student workers and he obviously didn’t listen. I know there are many possible outcomes and much risk either way, but I believe it is in the best interest in the long run to make a break. ”

From a good article with details of Miles' behavior. Here it is in full: https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...ve-been-fired-2013-former-ad-said/4596971001/