• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

ftwfrog

Don’t follow him.

EDIT: But if he’s the dude that tweets about excellent yards per punt after getting beat by KSU or record-setting single game rebounding performance after getting beat by OU again then you are correct...I think it’s stupid beyond comprehension.
No. That’s not him. He’s the guy that tried to outrun Jawuan Johnson in the Cheez It Bowl.

Purp

No. That’s not him. He’s the guy that tried to outrun Jawuan Johnson in the Cheez It Bowl.
Wasn't he trying to outrun the line judge with a head start?

MC Is a great dude and great follow. He's one of the best SID's in the country and does a great job promoting TCU and getting cool pieces of info out to the masses.

I'm as sinical and [ Arschloch]-ish as the next guy but IMO MC is very good for our university and the alumni/fan base.
You're 100% correct on this. I've met him several times and he's a class act all the way around. My best memory of MC is more an indirect MC story, but we were playing Western Virginia at the Wilk and I moved down to seats on the 3rd row near half court. MC was with his son on the from row just in front of us. I kept getting obstructed from seeing some plays b/c Huggins was always up pacing and, when he wasn't pacing, he was sitting much higher than normal on a bar stool. And that large quarter-zip pullover he was wearing eclipsed half the players on the floor from my view.

I started tastefully heckling him to move. MC looked back every once in a while with a grin. His son seemed to really be getting a laugh so I'd keep going. At one point I shouted something along the lines of "Western Virginia sucks! And if they didn't I wouldn't know it b/c Huggie Bear is blocking my view!" MC got a big laugh out of that and Huggins even turned and gave me the wink and the gun with a big grin on his face. I'd always liked Huggins as a coach even in his Cinci days b/c he's rough around the edges, but that acknowledgement of a good joke cemented my appreciation of him. Similarly, the fact that MC sat through all that and seemed to appreciate it instead of take umbrage with it made me appreciate him all the more too.

Punter1

You're 100% correct on this. I've met him several times and he's a class act all the way around. My best memory of MC is more an indirect MC story, but we were playing Western Virginia at the Wilk and I moved down to seats on the 3rd row near half court. MC was with his son on the from row just in front of us. I kept getting obstructed from seeing some plays b/c Huggins was always up pacing and, when he wasn't pacing, he was sitting much higher than normal on a bar stool. And that large quarter-zip pullover he was wearing eclipsed half the players on the floor from my view.

I started tastefully heckling him to move. MC looked back every once in a while with a grin. His son seemed to really be getting a laugh so I'd keep going. At one point I shouted something along the lines of "Western Virginia sucks! And if they didn't I wouldn't know it b/c Huggie Bear is blocking my view!" MC got a big laugh out of that and Huggins even turned and gave me the wink and the gun with a big grin on his face. I'd always liked Huggins as a coach even in his Cinci days b/c he's rough around the edges, but that acknowledgement of a good joke cemented my appreciation of him. Similarly, the fact that MC sat through all that and seemed to appreciate it instead of take umbrage with it made me appreciate him all the more too.

Great story....and not to derail this baseball thread into a basketball thread...but I LOVE the Hug also. When he gotta run outta Cincinnati for his alcoholism I must have started 5 different threads on here 15 years ago trying to get us to hire him. I was relentless for about a year...annoying to be more accurate.

He always reminded me of the closest darning thing to Billy Tubbs. And your story shows that. Gruff, old school dudes but they had a sense of humor and their players played their guts out for them. And both could work the officials into submission. Dude is the last of dying breed. Freaking love the Hug...