• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

CountryFrog

The tall long-legged guys don't typically have the fluid hips that shorter guys have. Plus if they have long strides then that can be problematic for quick change of direction. Also, one of the big advantages of having a big body receiver is that they can use their body to gain position on defenders. Using your body to gain position as a corner isn't nearly as easy plus it tends to get you flagged.

I do think a lot of the very elite bigger receivers could do it but most coaches want those guys on offense as playmakers and not in coverage where they may not have as much of an impact on the game.

Eight

The tall long-legged guys don't typically have the fluid hips that shorter guys have. Plus if they have long strides then that can be problematic for quick change of direction. Also, one of the big advantages of having a big body receiver is that they can use their body to gain position on defenders. Using your body to gain position as a corner isn't nearly as easy plus it tends to get you flagged.

I do think a lot of the very elite bigger receivers could do it but most coaches want those guys on offense as playmakers and not in coverage where they may not have as much of an impact on the game.

tamauzia brown, former tcu commit who played at newton with josh foster and darwin barlow, is an example of one of those athletes who got recruited as a wr by some teams (tcu was one) and corner/ safety by others (i.e. texas a&m)

Froggish

Track guys who are tall often have immaculate top end speed but that speed isn’t the kind of twitch that helps with the quickness or hip motion necessary to play corner. How many times have we went out to get a 6’4 WR only to find out he couldn’t get out of his cuts worth a damn.

Thanks for the info gentleman. I guess this explains why a tall great cornerback is so highly valued in football. Is this a situation where only Bama, Clemson, or Ohio State gets those players?

Punter1

tamauzia brown, former tcu commit who played at newton with josh foster and darwin barlow, is an example of one of those athletes who got recruited as a wr by some teams (tcu was one) and corner/ safety by others (i.e. texas a&m)

He even had a Bama offer...and if I'm not mistaken he actually did sign with us but obviously never got here.

He was a freak and coulda played CB at 6-2, 185 but I believe he wanted to play WR. Jason Teague is the last 6 plus CB I remember for us...

The one dude we have that shoulda been a CB is D Davis. He has everything you need to be an AA corner but he wanted to play offense... Taye also had a Clemson offer to play CB but he wanted to play offense also.

Eight

He even had a Bama offer...and if I'm not mistaken he actually did sign with us but obviously never got here.

He was a freak and coulda played CB at 6-2, 185 but I believe he wanted to play WR. Jason Teague is the last 6 plus CB I remember for us...

The one dude we have that shoulda been a CB is D Davis. He has everything you need to be an AA corner but he wanted to play offense... Taye also had a Clemson offer to play CB but he wanted to play offense also.

saw brown play as a junior for newton and he was a beast in the playoff domination of daingerfield . darwin at running back, foster at quarterback, and brown out wide was way too much for most schools at their level.

his being suspended at first and then leaving the program as a senior really hurt newton as they damn near didn't beat east bernard without him.

don't think he signed with the frogs and do know he signed with tyler juco so he might have double signed. not sure what happened in tyler, but he didn't finish the season and no idea where he is now. do know he had a very talented younger brother who left the newton program mid season and no idea if he just left the program or the town.

CryptoMiner

Transfer with some interest by TCU

Former Clemson DB Derion Kendrick 6-/190 1st Team All-ACC last year. Was a 5 star WR out of HS in SC that started at that position his freshman but transitioned to DB his soph season to fill a void in the secondary. Some issues with missing meetings but Dabo Sweeney after he left said
"He’s a young man who I’ve always loved as a football player, He’s got a good heart, he’s got a really good heart. He’s never been a disrespectful young man or anything like that. Just sometimes there needs to be a change. I’m so thankful I had the opportunity to help him and hopefully make a difference for him the last three years."

Eight

Transfer with some interest by TCU

Former Clemson DB Derion Kendrick 6-/190 1st Team All-ACC last year. Was a 5 star WR out of HS in SC that started at that position his freshman but transitioned to DB his soph season to fill a void in the secondary. Some issues with missing meetings but Dabo Sweeney after he left said
"He’s a young man who I’ve always loved as a football player, He’s got a good heart, he’s got a really good heart. He’s never been a disrespectful young man or anything like that. Just sometimes there needs to be a change. I’m so thankful I had the opportunity to help him and hopefully make a difference for him the last three years."

does anyone really believe he is "leaving" clemson on his own accord and this is all over "missing meetings"?

Froggish

does anyone really believe he is "leaving" clemson on his own accord and this is all over "missing meetings"?
He’s been in the doghouse for a while. I’m not sure it makes since to grab a 1 year rental at CB unless there are questions about whether Daniels is going to be back to full strength. Now Safety is a whole other thing.

CryptoMiner

He’s been in the doghouse for a while. I’m not sure it makes since to grab a 1 year rental at CB unless there are questions about whether Daniels is going to be back to full strength. Now Safety is a whole other thing.

unlimited schollies this year and would not reduce future ships.

CryptoMiner

Should get an offer soon

Caleb Coley CB 6-0/180 Houston County (Warner Robbins, GA) recently offered by Wisc, Wake, Virg and Vandy.