• The KillerFrogs

RUGBY - WTH

Brog

counterbalancing the Rugby craze, maybe we could start competing in the NCAA fencing teams. Of course, Stanford just cut their fencing teams for 2021 and beyond, so we might have trouble finding opponents. Injuries are infrequent among the fencing team members, but tend to be fatal when they occur. Harvard and Columbia are now ranked #1 and 2 nationally, and surely we could beat them.

Shorty

Played all 4 years at TCU, play for Fort Worth now (although recovering from a meniscus repair surgery I had to have and COVID has shut things down for a year or so). Unfortunately, some poor club leadership the years after I left drove the club down and I don't believe it exists at TCU currently, some current TCU students will come join us at Fort Worth rugby occasionally I know.

Six Nations is the tournament going on right now, massive European tournament between Wales, England, Ireland, France, Scotland, and Italy. Last night Wales vs. Ireland must've been a re-run because this morning (spoilers coming) Wales had a massive comeback to beat Scotland.

Great sport, made some of my best friends in college playing, helps me stay in shape, and allowed to hit people without getting in trouble for it.

Great thing about rugby is everyone has to be able to do everything, big guys have to be able to catch and run with the ball, little guys have to be able to tackle, anyone can score.
My best friend/roommate played at TCU. My mom didn't want me to play and my parents were paying for TCU so I didn't argue. My friend started playing men's club after college and that's when I started. I played 9 years with the Griffins.

I had already decided to retire when that club folded after my last season. I don't really miss playing but still love the game. My body was getting too banged up and I didn't want to lose the ability to rock climb, bike, etc at a high level as I grew to enjoy those activities more. I will play touch and the occasional 7s tournament. I attend a lot of games and have a lot of friends and former teammates that still play.

Froglaw

maybe if you stopped watching cnn you might hear that the idea of teachiing rugby tackling isn't new to american football coaches at the nfl and college levels and that includes the frogs own gary patterson.

from a 2015 article linked below:

"Could rugby-style tackling become a better tactic, if not a solution, for reducing football's concussion numbers? Could this be tackling's future at all levels?

"If this is something, as we go forward with the studies, that make us better," TCU coach Gary Patterson said, "then I think you'll see a lot of people go to this." "

Thanks for the tip. I've started watching Fox and OAN.

The finer points of Rugy are now clear and I see Trump for the political Messiah that he is to America.

Thank you Eight for curing my affliction to the truth.

Life is better with a more rounded ball and right wing media!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
counterbalancing the Rugby craze, maybe we could start competing in the NCAA fencing teams. Of course, Stanford just cut their fencing teams for 2021 and beyond, so we might have trouble finding opponents. Injuries are infrequent among the fencing team members, but tend to be fatal when they occur. Harvard and Columbia are now ranked #1 and 2 nationally, and surely we could beat them.
TCU dropped Fencing in '82, IIRC.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

The finer points of Rugy are now clear and I see Trump for the political Messiah that he is to America.

Actually, with all the recent Editorial changes at FOX, you'd probably like it.

Spike

So do they talk about proper tackling technique on OAN? Is that why Chuba Howard, a running back, was so offended by his coach wearing the OAN shirt?

Eight

you still never answered my question as to how and when trump ordered pence to be hung and as for the rest i don't give a [ Finebaum ] who or what you watch for news as i don't watch fox or oan but nice assumption

curious, does jumping to such presumptions work in the court room?

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
What? First they said he couldn't hit a curve ball, now he can't play rugby? If He can walk on water I'm pretty sure He can handle athletic endeavors.

Ye of little faith!
Reminds me of a career nurse's summation of too many surgeon's sense of self-worth: "Dr. were you upset to learn that someone else had already walked on water"?