• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

PurplFrawg

Administrator
For those of you who liked Pete Gent's book, "12 Mighty Orphans," here is an obit on one of the orphans. It suggests that there is an upcoming movie based on the book.

Leonard Lionel Hutto, age 93 of Jonesboro, went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus and be reunited with his wife, Virginia on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 in Keller.

Leonard was born on January 23, 1928, in Vernon, Texas, the eighth and last child of the late Martha McAndrew Hutto and Homer Hutto. In 1932 at age five, his mother and father passed away within a two-month period of time. The country was in the middle of the Depression at the time, and the decision was made that Leonard and his next oldest sibling, Leila, would move to and be raised at the Masonic Home in Fort Worth. Leonard learned the value of discipline and hard work at the Masonic Home. Like all the children there, he milked cows and had other daily chores. He loved sports, and played for Rusty Russell, the famous football coach depicted in the upcoming movie, 12 Mighty Orphans. Leonard was an excellent athlete and became a Two-Time Golden Glove boxing champion in Fort Worth.

https://www.scottsfh.com/obituary/leonard-hutto

tcudoc

I watched a sitcom a few weeks ago called Superstore because it came on after something else I was watching. It was literally the worst show that I believe I have ever seen. It had people placed in the cast simply to check a box. It had a boss whose character was literally unwatchable. His voice was cartoonish for no apparent reason. The jokes weren't funny. The virtue signaling was constant. The mask wearing and shaming was ever present. Not a single funny thing occurred in the entire show. Literally terrible.
I thought it must be a new show. I looked on the information and saw it was an episode from season 6. Six!!! This show has been renewed for season 6!

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

I watched a sitcom a few weeks ago called Superstore because it came on after something else I was watching. It was literally the worst show that I believe I have ever seen. It had people placed in the cast simply to check a box. It had a boss whose character was literally unwatchable. His voice was cartoonish for no apparent reason. The jokes weren't funny. The virtue signaling was constant. The mask wearing and shaming was ever present. Not a single funny thing occurred in the entire show. Literally terrible.
I thought it must be a new show. I looked on the information and saw it was an episode from season 6. Six!!! This show has been renewed for season 6!
I’ve never watched an episode but I’ve seen commercials for it for years now. It looks like the worst show ever made based strictly on the commercials, but I thought it must have some redeeming qualities to be on the air for this long.

Apparently not

Eight

I’ve never watched an episode but I’ve seen commercials for it for years now. It looks like the worst show ever made based strictly on the commercials, but I thought it must have some redeeming qualities to be on the air for this long.

Apparently not

you ever seen mom?

Eight

for those who are really bored and enjoy truly [ Finebaum ]ty television i challenge you to stream 911:lonestar and station 19 and see which show has the most geographic mistakes, implausible plot lines, bad dialogue, and the manner in which they show fire department personnel carry out their jobs.

tacoma fd is more accurate than either one of these piles of [ Finebaum ]

for those who are really bored and enjoy truly [ #2020 ]ty television i challenge you to stream 911:lonestar and station 19 and see which show has the most geographic mistakes, implausible plot lines, bad dialogue, and the manner in which they show fire department personnel carry out their jobs.

tacoma fd is more accurate than either one of these piles of [ #2020 ]
Not another fire station in the country can match the girls of Station 19. No debate.

Froginbedford

For those of you who liked Pete Gent's book, "12 Mighty Orphans," here is an obit on one of the orphans. It suggests that there is an upcoming movie based on the book.

Leonard Lionel Hutto, age 93 of Jonesboro, went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus and be reunited with his wife, Virginia on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 in Keller.

Leonard was born on January 23, 1928, in Vernon, Texas, the eighth and last child of the late Martha McAndrew Hutto and Homer Hutto. In 1932 at age five, his mother and father passed away within a two-month period of time. The country was in the middle of the Depression at the time, and the decision was made that Leonard and his next oldest sibling, Leila, would move to and be raised at the Masonic Home in Fort Worth. Leonard learned the value of discipline and hard work at the Masonic Home. Like all the children there, he milked cows and had other daily chores. He loved sports, and played for Rusty Russell, the famous football coach depicted in the upcoming movie, 12 Mighty Orphans. Leonard was an excellent athlete and became a Two-Time Golden Glove boxing champion in Fort Worth.

I thought Jim Dent wrote "12 Mighty Orphans"....

Wow. Mr. Hutto was my PE and science teacher when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. After he left our school, I never heard anything about him until today. He was a fine man. We loved playing football with him during PE class. He always played designated QB. He was a lefty and threw a tight spiral every time. I can still remember those passes he threw to us 45+ years ago.

Not sure how I feel about this. Willem DaFoe will always be John Clark in my mind. Liev Schreiber is possibly the best actor alive right now, but even he was not John Clark.

See Michael B. Jordan as Tom Clancy Hero John Clark in ‘Without Remorse’ Trailer

Adaptation of character’s 1993 origin story hits Amazon Prime Video on April 30th

By DANIEL KREPS

Michael B. Jordan stars as the Tom Clancy hero John Clark in the new trailer for Without Remorse, Amazon Prime Video’s adaptation of Clancy’s 1993 novel.

Without Remorse served as the origin story for the character who appeared in dozens of novels and Clancy-inspired video games, and the 2021 film updates that novel but keeps the plot the same: Jordan is an elite Navy SEAL hellbent on revenge after a failed assassination attempt against him results in the death of his wife.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...r-michael-b-jordan-tom-clancy-amazon-1136138/