• The KillerFrogs

Per NBC DFW: A "mass casualty incident" on Interstate 35W just north of downtown Fort Worth,

nwlafrog

I love driving in new places. Only time I’ve really white-knuckled was a few winters ago driving a 12-passenger Mercedes minivan through old town Luxembourg City in a snowstorm.

Driving home tomorrow evening from Spring with a loaded utility trailer might get that way as well. All kinds of winter weather alerts keep dinging on my phone.

I had a close call merging to the FW convention center area. Not sure of the interchange’s exact location, but it was nightmarish. Had like 1/4 mile to merge at highway speed and then exit like 6 lanes. Insane. I just went to the next exit and found a different way. Never seen anything like it and I’ve worked in a lot of places.

Paint It Purple

The Ole Miss people at the Peach Bowl were pretty nice, but only got to talk to them for a half, since they were all leaving by halftime for some reason...

That’s what the surrounding states call Indiana, even though there isn’t an iota of difference for the most part.

And you are not allowed to say Dixie anymore, so I’ve heard...
I wish I was in the land of cotton, Old times there are not forgotten, Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.

I wish I was in Dixie, Hoo-ray! Hoo-ray! In Dixie land, I’ll take my stand to live and die in Dixie; Away, away, away down south in Dixie, Away, away, away down south in Dixie.

Composed in 1859, ironically by a Yankee.

tcudoc

Wow. After watching that video a dozen times, I just assumed that person was dead. Absolutely amazing construction on that vehicle and I may have to add it to the list of vehicles to consider for my next purchase.
It’s what I have driven for the past 11 years. I love that car. I want to get a corvette, a Porsche or a Challenger but can’t bear the thought of giving up my FJ. It’s an all white limited edition. I like the solid color ones much better. They have become harder to find since, after they stopped production, they experienced a surge in popularity.
They are bad for inexperienced drivers because they have so many blind spots. But they can go just about anywhere.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I wish I was in the land of cotton, Old times there are not forgotten, Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.

I wish I was in Dixie, Hoo-ray! Hoo-ray! In Dixie land, I’ll take my stand to live and die in Dixie; Away, away, away down south in Dixie, Away, away, away down south in Dixie.

You may soon be visited by PC police!

My high school’s band in Houston always played that. I’m guessing sometime in the last 50 years the PC police got to it.

One Frog Nation

I recall being very disappointed when all that was opened. It was no different than it was before except for the addition of the express lane on ramps.
I agree and it is like that on most of the expressways around here. They claim that they are widening the roads when for the most part all they are doing is adding the toll express lanes. It is all about money, some people got rich and are getting rich while we drive on basically the same roads. I like how the toll price varies when there is the most traffic the cost is more, thus discouraging people from using it. With 2 lanes enclosed with concrete barriers it is a shooting gallery when there is an accident. They should never build or design roads like that anywhere.

ftwfrog

Dont say “Woke Police” like the host on The Batchelor, had to quit.
You may soon be visited by PC police!

My high school’s band in Houston always played that. I’m guessing sometime in the last 50 years the PC police got to it.
6 dead, over 100 injured.

Sorry about your struggles guys.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Anyone gotten out today yet? Map traffic shows it slow going but not necessarily no going....course that’s just going off of maps.

Looks like a decent amount of snow over here in SW FTW.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
It’s what I have driven for the past 11 years. I love that car. I want to get a corvette, a Porsche or a Challenger but can’t bear the thought of giving up my FJ. It’s an all white limited edition. I like the solid color ones much better. They have become harder to find since, after they stopped production, they experienced a surge in popularity.
They are bad for inexperienced drivers because they have so many blind spots. But they can go just about anywhere.

One of my neighbors was lusting over the FJ when they first came out and asked me to go with him to the dealership to check it out.

His lust vanished when the salesman told him the FJ's had a problem with its flat windshield design (as opposed to slanted on other vehicles). The dealership had numerous customers returning for new windshields because they fell into the laps of the people sitting in the front seats. The salesperson attributed it to high or gusty winds and bad design.

Another neighbor bought one around the same time from the same dealership, and he hasn't had a single problem with it.

HToady

One of my neighbors was lusting over the FJ when they first came out and asked me to go with him to the dealership to check it out.

His lust vanished when the salesman told him the FJ's had a problem with its flat windshield design (as opposed to slanted on other vehicles). The dealership had numerous customers returning for new windshields because they fell into the laps of the people sitting in the front seats. The salesperson attributed it to high or gusty winds and bad design.

Another neighbor bought one around the same time from the same dealership, and he hasn't had a single problem with it.
Hummers had the same problem. Not enough angle for glancing.

The way people drive nowdays, my next car is going to be a checker marathon with concrete bumpers and guardrails welded on the sides.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Anyone gotten out today yet? Map traffic shows it slow going but not necessarily no going....course that’s just going off of maps.

Looks like a decent amount of snow over here in SW FTW.
Everything is covered in snow here in Richardson but it's drivable. Saw some sand trucks going down the street earlier. Decent amount of traffic out considering the circumstances and being a Sunday.

I had to drive about a mile up the road to Autozone and there are still stupid people out there driving like it's sunny and 90° outside. Just go slow and watch out for the other guy.

Chongo94

Everything is covered in snow here in Richardson but it's drivable. Saw some sand trucks going down the street earlier. Decent amount of traffic out considering the circumstances and being a Sunday.

I had to drive about a mile up the road to Autozone and there are still stupid people out there driving like it's sunny and 90° outside. Just go slow and watch out for the other guy.

Gracias. Seems it may be the same here. Haven’t driven on it yet but have seen some cars out.

Saw one idiot nearly slide into two cars on the street because he was driving like you mentioned.

tcudoc

The windshield being flat with no angle has not been a huge issue for me. It is annoying because it does not allow bugs to glance off, so it takes a beating when bugs are bad. Also, a minor nuisance is that, when you pull up to stop lights as the first car in line, without the angle, you sometimes have to lean forward to see when that light changes...or just not pull up as far. Also, when you put the sun visor down, it seems as if it covers too much of the view.
The suicide doors are annoying as well and can be difficult to negotiate in tight spots.