• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

PurpleBlood87

Apologies if this has been discussed, but will there still be tickets available to walk-up and buy for the outfield grass area?

This is all I know from a reply to an email about ticket prices.

They are $215 each for reserved seats (plus donation depending on location) and $165 for GA.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The accent is perfect!

Two of Gordie Howe’s kids were on that team and good thing they could skate, because they were really bad softball players!

I don’t know if you are old enough to remember when Bum Phillips signed this huge DE from the Houston Fire Dept, but he was in the Chronicle Tournament with Andy Doris and some other Oilers. This guy hit a ball so hard that infielders were playing short outfield. Hit hit one downtown so hard that when the little kid came back to return the ball for a snow cone, the ball had a dent in it.

Last edited:

YA

Are they using the same basic system/process that was used for the football tickets? (Ie we jump into a page w green/purple/red dots for seats and grab what we want/can?)
Yes for the most part. As I said, there are limited #'s of seats so picking is slim

tcumaniac

Picked baseball seats today. Lower bowl had limited seats. It appeared overall there were maybe 150 seats left to be chosen and likely will be gone today by noon.
Lower bowl gone today by noon? Or the entire ballpark?

What was the process like with multiple people picking at once? Could you see other people selecting seats in real time?

Purp

Two of Gordie Howe’s kids were on that team and good thing they could skate, because they were really bad softball players!

I don’t know if you are old enough to remember when Bum Phillips signed this huge DE from the Houston Fire Dept, but he was in the Chronicle Tournament with Andy Doris and some other Oilers. This guy hit a ball so hard that infielders were playing short outfield. Hit hit one downtown so hard that when the little kid came back to return the ball for a snow cone, the ball had a dent in it.
Were there any Gordie Howe hat tricks? Home run, outfield assist, and fight?

Moose Stuff

Then what's the point of buying a parking space? With limited capacity there will be tons of easy parking in the neighborhood. I'll tailgate anyway; just may not be on campus. Might have to throw a bash in some abandoned parking lot somewhere around town.

Unnecessarily giving TCU money seems to be the obvious point. I bet they'll have concessions they want you to buy though. You can't get COVID waiting in line inside the park. Weak on TCU's part.

YA

Lower bowl gone today by noon? Or the entire ballpark?

What was the process like with multiple people picking at once? Could you see other people selecting seats in real time?
Yes I picked 3 in my normal section and it would not let me leave a single. I started again to pick 4 and they were gone so had to move over a section on the 1st base side. The only thing available were single seats (which was odd considering my attempt was blocked leaving a single) in the lower bowl and upper bowl had several multiples together. The overall numbers appeared very low in the 150 range total.

NewFrogFan

Yes for the most part. As I said, there are limited #'s of seats so picking is slim

I thought there were only like 100 people picking today at a max of 4 seats.
If what you say is true then either more picked today, or maybe less seats available.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Were there any Gordie Howe hat tricks? Home run, outfield assist, and fight?

Never saw Gordie, but his two adult kids could barely throw or catch a ball and couldn’t hit much (unless the ball was rolling on the ground and their bats were L shaped...

Last edited:

Aircav07

I thought there were only like 100 people picking today at a max of 4 seats.
If what you say is true then either more picked today, or maybe less seats available.

Out of the overall 1500, about 600 of those are for player/staff family/friends, as well as game workers and staff. So really, it’s starting closer to 900 total tickets to season ticket holders. Shouldn’t make it long past the 10:00 start time for day 3 tomorrow (Wednesday).

flyfishingfrog

But at least we’ll be solid for realignment since the season tickets are sold.
and the clapper will be heard really well this year - with a mostly empty stadium.

My son told me you could hear the one guy in the arena last night yelling like he had a mic during the broadcast...because the other 15 people at the game were dead silent for the most part.

I bet there are more people down the right field line and in the outfield than in the bleachers this year assuming they sell GA season tickets to people who could not get a seat - the top of the food chain in PP never show well for anything at TCU really.

There is no way there is even close to 1500 seats not zip tied in the bleachers from what I could tell this weekend - more like 500.

PurpleBlood87

and the clapper will be heard really well this year - with a mostly empty stadium.

My son told me you could hear the one guy in the arena last night yelling like he had a mic during the broadcast...because the other 15 people at the game were dead silent for the most part.

I bet there are more people down the right field line and in the outfield than in the bleachers this year assuming they sell GA season tickets to people who could not get a seat - the top of the food chain in PP never show well for anything at TCU really.

There is no way there is even close to 1500 seats not zip tied in the bleachers from what I could tell this weekend - more like 500.

In the section where I sit (103) I counted 32 seats open out of I'm guessing 126 seats.