• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

LeagueCityFrog

Hopefully that Hyatt Place hotel is a starter home type hotel that will be more of a price point location and TCU does another hotel maybe with a different chain that is higher end somewhere else in campus.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
None of us have seen the finished product as yet. It could be lovely on the inside.

Besides, the rooftop bar will make up for a great many architectural misdeeds...

4 Oaks Frog

That is one fugly looking hotel.
Looks so industrial, like a power generating plant or city water purification plant. Why was such a fugly designed ever approved? If appearance was a qualifier, I would never book this hotel...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor!!

SuperBarrFrog

Ah, the Westcliffe Manor. The true Roach Motel. Lived there in the early 80's in a 3/2 and it seems like that was about what I paid for rent. Of course, we were given a break on the rent one Spring because the A/C pipes all froze in January and had to be dug up and replaced.
I loved living at The Manor!

Brog

Ah, the Westcliffe Manor. The true Roach Motel. Lived there in the early 80's in a 3/2 and it seems like that was about what I paid for rent. Of course, we were given a break on the rent one Spring because the A/C pipes all froze in January and had to be dug up and replaced.

I remember when we discouraged use of the phrase "the Roach Motel" because the chair of our tCU Board of Trustees was named Roach. Could be misunderstood.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Tyler, you're showing us a picture of the hotel's rear end. Does yours look much better?
Well that’s the part facing Berry Street, so to any passer-by, that’s the hotel. My butt might not look much better, but I sure know how to cover it up.

The front, off Sandage isn’t much better, plus you have wade through a parking lot to get to it.

upload_2021-2-8_6-53-9.jpeg

HFrog12

Well that’s the part facing Berry Street, so to any passer-by, that’s the hotel. My butt might not look much better, but I sure know how to cover it up.

The front, off Sandage isn’t much better, plus you have wade through a parking lot to get to it.

View attachment 8547

Yea I am sorry this is awful. Unless the price point is of some value you can find me downtown. I am not paying a premium to stay at the Hyatt Place simply because it's walking distance. I am sad that fugliness is on campus.

HToady

View attachment 8547
So glad THIS is on the farthest corner of campus. It started as a building in the middle of a parking lot and ended as one. Not really within walking distance for football.

Eight

Not disagreeing, but more just curious: what Flags do y'all think would have made more sense?

isn't the answer obvious

c12dd53740bb163f00c228a93a975105.jpg

also need make sure each room is equipped with these

fingers_200-7e0727a3f0751934660d37f8ed42bea9431185cd-s800-c85.jpg