• The KillerFrogs

Shooter has passed

Froglaw

Bill Bacon aka Shooter on this forum has passed due to Covid.

Shooter was a regular on this forum until a few years back.

He lost his wife who he called "Feathers" two years back.

Bill was a regular in Lot 3 at his tailgate near mine. Always quick with a drink that could melt asphault along with a laugh, my Dad loved to talk TCU sports with Shooter.

After the renovation of AGCS, Bill and his wife had the parking spot next to mine.

Our combined tailgate grew and developed regular visitors including opposing teams fans.

All were welcomed and still are openly invited.

Never an unkind word, just that big smile.

I'll miss you Pardner.

4th. down

Bill was a regular in Lot 3 at his tailgate near mine. Always quick with a drink that could melt asphault along with a laugh, my Dad loved to talk TCU sports with Shooter.

After the renovation of AGCS, Bill and his wife had the parking spot next to mine.

Our combined tailgate grew and developed regular visitors including opposing teams fans.

I'll miss you Pardner.

Yeah, ole frat brother but kinda fell out with him when he transferred to Texas but hooked back up with him in Houston via sporting clays. He was also a very good instructor and loved the clay target game.....his nickname was The Colonel. He managed and owned part of the American Shooting Center in Houston for a longtime. There was no doubt where his loyalty and interest was though, he was all Frog.....RIP.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/h...colonel-william-bacon&pid=197585216&fhid=5576

Last edited:

NewFrogFan

I'll miss you Pardner.

One of the first I met in the ol #87 playing days when inlaws brought RV from Baton Rouge to home games and we parked in what used to be RV lot. Our Air Force backgrounds gave us even more to talk about. He was a regular on here as were several others now gone. A nickel on the grass......