• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

HornedFrog4Life

Yes. But the person didn't know the answer.

Hey their young buck, how hard did you ask? Did you apply a fishbone questioning approach?

Based on your response, I was concerned and called the ticket office myself. Like you, the initial responses from the agent was she really did not know, and she actually became confused about the process. I requested to speak to a manger, after the 2nd time of her putting me on hold to go ask someone. So here is what found out from the manager after expressing my concerns/questions.

My PP rank is in the low 900's. They could not tell me specifically how many Baseball STH there are that are higher than me in PP. However, after continuing my questioning, I would say that there is approximately 225-250.

The selection process does start on Monday the 8th at 10:00 AM and every day after that at 10:00. However, each day the number of STH that will be able to choose increases each day. So for Monday there is approximately 50, Tuesday is 75, Wednesday is 100 and Thursday bumps to 200. I choose at 10:00 AM on Thursday. So the big question is then how many of the STH will opt in. I would be surprised if it is more than 50%, and that may be high considering what we have seen in other sports. While I may not be able to get my seats, and if the numbers the manager told me above are correct, I should not have an issue getting tickets. If only 50% of those above me opt in and each bought the max of 4 tickets (not everyone can or will), then roughly 500 tickets will have been purchased by the time I select (125 x 4 = 500, or 50% of those above me x 4 tix).

If you are on the 12th don't give up hope.

tcumaniac

Hey their young buck, how hard did you ask? Did you apply a fishbone questioning approach?

Based on your response, I was concerned and called the ticket office myself. Like you, the initial responses from the agent was she really did not know, and she actually became confused about the process. I requested to speak to a manger, after the 2nd time of her putting me on hold to go ask someone. So here is what found out from the manager after expressing my concerns/questions.

My PP rank is in the low 900's. They could not tell me specifically how many Baseball STH there are that are higher than me in PP. However, after continuing my questioning, I would say that there is approximately 225-250.

The selection process does start on Monday the 8th at 10:00 AM and every day after that at 10:00. However, each day the number of STH that will be able to choose increases each day. So for Monday there is approximately 50, Tuesday is 75, Wednesday is 100 and Thursday bumps to 200. I choose at 10:00 AM on Thursday. So the big question is then how many of the STH will opt in. I would be surprised if it is more than 50%, and that may be high considering what we have seen in other sports. While I may not be able to get my seats, and if the numbers the manager told me above are correct, I should not have an issue getting tickets. If only 50% of those above me opt in and each bought the max of 4 tickets (not everyone can or will), then roughly 500 tickets will have been purchased by the time I select (125 x 4 = 500, or 50% of those above me x 4 tix).

Good for you on being persistent. While she's perfectly pleasant and friendly, the girl that answers the phone most frequently these days is typically pretty uninformed and unhelpful. After asking numerous questions and getting wishy washy answers, I just didn't feel like pressing the issue any further. Figured I'd just wait and see what happens on Thursday morning, which is the day I select too.

The way they've set this up seems strange to me. Unlike basketball and football, where everyone has their own specific time slot, I wonder how the website will handle 200 people all logging on at 10am trying to select from the exact same seats.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

What will Lupton hold with reduced capacity and mandatory spacing?

PO Frog

#HornedKaren4Life

flyfishingfrog

so my only question with that level to start and escalating - it means that there will be about 600-800 season ticket holders still that have not chosen before Friday based on what the AD office put out 2 years ago that said there were 1000-1200 accounts with season tickets for baseball.

Are there people on this board that have season tickets and are not picking until Monday the 15th? or is Friday literally going to be a mob of people trying to get the rest all at one time?

Glad I won't be in that mess but that would be crazy....

Still not sure how a school like ULaLa can come up with a ticket scheme for partial season tickets and we can't do anything but all or nothing for each seat.

flyfishingfrog

It’s clearly not a matter of ability.
nope - just laziness and don't give a [ Finebaum ] factor.

Anyone that has attended more than a game or two for basketball should be pissed that the AD is not trying to improve our attendance somehow - it was never great even when the year was fresh and people had hope - since that point it has gone down hill fast and has become flat out embarrassing.

Maybe a winner in baseball will make it better but I still don't see "full" stands outside a few weekend games against the big names and lots of entire empty sections for mid weeks given that even with full capacity in years past - we were lucky to have a few hundred in most of them.

HornedFrog4Life

#HornedKaren4Life

Was that really necessary or are you just naturally a rude person?

You were not on the call so you have absolutely no idea what was said. As Maniac responded, the young lady was pleasant but does not know a thing. One minute she tells me my rank and that is how PP were used. She then tells me to hang on, only to come back and tell me it was points for baseball only. I inquired when did that start, and she said she was confused now and said she would put me on hold again, and I politely said why don’t you just save us time and let me talk to the manager. She was more than eager indicating she did not know how it works.

HornedFrog4Life

so my only question with that level to start and escalating - it means that there will be about 600-800 season ticket holders still that have not chosen before Friday based on what the AD office put out 2 years ago that said there were 1000-1200 accounts with season tickets for baseball.

Are there people on this board that have season tickets and are not picking until Monday the 15th? or is Friday literally going to be a mob of people trying to get the rest all at one time?

Glad I won't be in that mess but that would be crazy....

Still not sure how a school like ULaLa can come up with a ticket scheme for partial season tickets and we can't do anything but all or nothing for each seat.

I believe you nailed it correctly. This approach is completely poorly thought about and no planning in place. Opt in and Opt out should have been done probably 30 days ago and then set times appropriately for all STH who opted in. Schedule really should not have mattered, unless you were going to offer packages which they did not do either. You could have researched that, regardless if you knew you had a season or not.

Dallas Mavericks did that for all their ticket plans, found out who was in or out before the season and had stated no guarantee anyone would get in until that decision was made later. Of course they still have not let fans in yet. So one could have been done without the other.

PO Frog

You were not on the call so you have absolutely no idea what was said. As Maniac responded, the young lady was pleasant but does not know a thing. One minute she tells me my rank and that is how PP were used. She then tells me to hang on, only to come back and tell me it was points for baseball only. I inquired when did that start, and she said she was confused now and said she would put me on hold again, and I politely said why don’t you just save us time and let me talk to the manager. She was more than eager indicating she did not know how it works.
Neither - it was a joke. Like pretty much everything else I post.

PurpleBlood87

So which PP are they using?

PurpleBlood87

The one and only PP for all sports. There is no baseball PP that I am aware of. The manager said it was all sports. I just don’t think she knew much about point system or how it works and she just handles ticket purchases

When TCU implemented the PP system so many longtime season ticket holders got screwed.