• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

leofrog

So, the Amarillo Dillos are no longer?
They haven’t been around for almost 10 years. Amarillo had another independent team that lasted until 2015.

However, Amarillo built a new $45MM, 6,000+ downtown baseball stadium that opened in 2019. The Amarillo Sod Poodles won the Texas League in their first year and now are the Double A affiliate of the Diamondbacks.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They haven’t been around for almost 10 years. Amarillo had another independent team that lasted until 2015.

However, Amarillo built a new $45MM, 6,000+ downtown baseball stadium that opened in 2019. The Amarillo Sod Poodles won the Texas League in their first year and now are the Double A affiliate of the Diamondbacks.
I was kind of joking. The Dillos played on what was at one time an abandoned ballpark on 3rd just across from a giant concrete form plant. During trips up to our office there, I would sometimes go and take in a game. Generally a fun time. Went by one afternoon on the way in from the airport to see if there was a game that night (pre-internet), and the players were out mowing, weeding, and doing all the grounds work. "Yeah! We're playing tonight!"

EswK81PW4AARW0C