• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HG73

I ate at all them fish places when I grew up in Richland Hills. All good. Catfish is good for you. I live in Heath now and Z's in Rockwall is good and Doe Belly's in Forney is slightly better IMO.

froginmn

I remember Rondo. I remember the commercials for it when it was out. Everytime someone finished drinking the can, they would crush it.
I darn near cut my hand crushing those cans, like most kids. Probably why it didn't last - too many lawsuits.

Another favorite for me, later, was the test market of Crystal Pepsi. They ran it in DFW and somewhere else (Peoria?) in test. It was fantastic, so much that when I drove home after graduating from TCU, I figured a way to bring home a twelve pack. My car was so stuffed that the only option was on the floor in front of me. Lucky I didn't get in an accident.

A couple months later it came out in production; I was so excited. Not sure what happened, but they apparently reformulated it, and it was turrible.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Lol, yeah I remember cutting my hand a couple of times doing that also. Crystal Pepsi was good until they changed the formula. I never quite understood why soda companies make a drink everyone likes, then decide to screw it up by changing the formulas.

I darn near cut my hand crushing those cans, like most kids. Probably why it didn't last - too many lawsuits.

Another favorite for me, later, was the test market of Crystal Pepsi. They ran it in DFW and somewhere else (Peoria?) in test. It was fantastic, so much that when I drove home after graduating from TCU, I figured a way to bring home a twelve pack. My car was so stuffed that the only option was on the floor in front of me. Lucky I didn't get in an accident.

A couple months later it came out in production; I was so excited. Not sure what happened, but they apparently reformulated it, and it was turrible.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Are there any good new fiction authors? I used to love reading Tom Clancy or Stephen King books.

I'm still reading and enjoying the Clancy books--the team of authors who have continued to write them are doing justice to what Tom Clancy started during his lifetime.

Nobody could replace Tom Clancy nor meet his standard, but they're still the kind of books you end up binge-reading, and the story lines of Jack Ryan and the Campus team are progressing along a nice arc.

HFrog1999

I'm still reading and enjoying the Clancy books--the team of authors who have continued to write them are doing justice to what Tom Clancy started during his lifetime.

Nobody could replace Tom Clancy nor meet his standard, but they're still the kind of books you end up binge-reading, and the story lines of Jack Ryan and the Campus team are progressing along a nice arc.

Thanks. That’s good to hear. I’ll have to check them out.

tcudoc

Are there any good new fiction authors? I used to love reading Tom Clancy or Stephen King books.
819A-h0FeJL.jpg

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Was that the one lemon flavored?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Close enuf that I’ll throw in my usual recommendation:

W.E.B. Griffin series on the military. It is fiction but set in historical accurate settings from WWII thru Korea, separate series on Army and Marines, later new series on Cold War clandestine type as well as a modern series on anti-terrorist. He died a year or so back but his son William E. Butterworth has successfully grabbed the baton & continued unabated.

Also for Vietnam flying fiction, the Mark Berent series.