• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Safety is the bigger need

agree as after van zandt, bradford, foster, and clark no one has really played much at the position, but can carter pick up the position in that short a time?

corner for the frogs is different, they have shown you can play early there and daniels has had some injury issues as well as stewart. adding a "bigger" experienced corner isn't a bad thing.

Eight

Do the Frogs have interest in the Green kid from UT?
Supposedly an athletic cb in the portal.

highly regarded coming out of the heights, started multiple games as a sophomore, but never seemed to get his footing after the change in the defensive staff.

guess he would be a junior next year?

2themax

highly regarded coming out of the heights, started multiple games as a sophomore, but never seemed to get his footing after the change in the defensive staff.

guess he would be a junior next year?
Yep. Kinda hoping they're on him. Seems like a good fit.

Froggish

Do the Frogs have interest in the Green kid from UT?
Supposedly an athletic cb in the portal.

Depends......B12 hasn't made a ruling on interconference transfers. There is talk that transfers within the conference will not be immediately eligible. And ..before you ask..Its B12 rule vote not a national rule vote. In my opinion it's utterly stupid. It will mean most B12 portal entries will shuffle off to other conferences where they can play right away. B12 stupidity never ceases to amaze me. We won't know until later in the spring.

Eight

Depends......B12 hasn't made a ruling on interconference transfers. There is talk that transfers within the conference will not be immediately eligible. And ..before you ask..Its B12 rule vote not a national rule vote. In my opinion it's utterly stupid. It will mean most B12 portal entries will shuffle off to other conferences where they can play right away. B12 stupidity never ceases to amaze me. We won't know until later in the spring.

the consequence of such a delay is a player could be enrolled right now at their new school, going through conditioning, and getting ready for spring with a chance to learn a new system

catch is if the conference doesn't agree to waive the one year time period they have wasted the spring and for a player like storment basically ended their college career.

personally, i am not opposed to a 1-year requirement to sit for non grad transfers for all schools and no wait on grad transfers with no waivers but don't think the ncaa really cares about consistency or logic. look at the manner in which they have handled on and off campus recruiting this year.