• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

4 Oaks Frog

Anyone remember the drink Chocolate Soldier?
Man!...Pulling one of those small bottles out of one of those old cold ice water drink boxes, popping off the cap and drinking it down in one swig. That was tall living as a kid in Freestone County...5 cents
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<end fok baylor!!

Dr. Coach Haus

All I got for a while was what we called barrel juice.

5749788purple.jpg

tcudoc

Rondo and Pop Shoppe flavored sodas were considered big deals when I was a kid.
Pop Shoppe didn't last very long because it was just too much hassle. You had to return the bottles and then pick up a new case, which I think was really just a tray of soda bottles. The different flavors were a novelty at the time but eventually was not worth the hassle.
Rondo made you feel like you would be Chuck Norris if you drank it.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Pop Shoppe didn't last very long because it was just too much hassle. You had to return the bottles and then pick up a new case, which I think was really just a tray of soda bottles. The different flavors were a novelty at the time but eventually was not worth the hassle.

I remember Rondo. I remember the commercials for it when it was out. Everytime someone finished drinking the can, they would crush it.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I could have written this exact thing about my youth. Rondo was greatness.

Frog-in-law1995

I could have written this exact thing about my youth. Rondo was greatness.

I’ve never heard of Rondo in my life and I’m probably exactly halfway between you two, age wise. Was this a regional thing that just missed Fort Worth in the 80s?

Edit: Never heard of Pop Shoppe, either. Y’all are just making this [ Finebaum ] up, aren’t you? Like a snipe hunt.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’ve never heard of Rondo in my life and I’m probably exactly halfway between you two, age wise. Was this a regional thing that just missed Fort Worth in the 80s?

Edit: Never heard of Pop Shoppe, either. Y’all are just making this [ #2020 ] up, aren’t you? Like a snipe hunt.
I don’t know where Doc grew up but Rondo was a big player in MN. Pop Shoppe was a novelty but still fun for a young kid to pick out a case of sodas in all different flavors.

il_794xN.2312745264_fq98.jpg

Also, I’m fairly certain we are the same age.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

I don’t know where Doc grew up but Rondo was a big player in MN. Pop Shoppe was a novelty but still fun for a young kid to pick out a case of sodas in all different flavors.

il_794xN.2312745264_fq98.jpg

Also, I’m fairly certain we are the same age.

I though you were a couple years younger and he was a couple years older. Probably just a maturity thing.

Frogenstein

Edit: Never heard of Pop Shoppe, either. Y’all are just making this [ #2020 ] up, aren’t you? Like a snipe hunt.

Rondo was sold in Fort Worth in the 80’s. I remember a friend’s mom freaked out when they stopped selling it as she used it as a mixer with gin or vodka. She hit all the grocery stores and bought all they had in stock.