• The KillerFrogs

Jamie has the COVID

Mean Purple

Yep

I'm sure getting tired of the people who say nothing to see here with this virus. 400k dead with 500k by end of February. That is not a small number and people who say otherwise are living in denial or have a certain political strain that is based on false bravado.

I'm tired of the quacks who say people can't get early treatment for it with HCQ/Azithro ... while they and their fellow quacks prescribe the treatment for their own staff. I'm tired of the people who crap on it and other treatments for politics. Many of those people are the same ones who screamed for lockdowns and are now backing off since dipshit will be sworn in tomorrow. And I am tired of people screaming "science and data, science and data" only to claim others take a nothing to see here a approach when they base their decisions on the actual science and data.

All the while, that incompetent [Fauci] Fauci some how keeps his job.

BABYFACE

My office manager's son who went to TCU and is 32 has been in the hospital since 12/24 with this virus. His only pre-existing condition was having asthma growing up. It can affect everyone differently and there's little rhyme or reason. I hate this virus. Hopefully Jamie has one of those cases that has little or no symptoms.
Asthma is a big deal pertaining to COVID. It hits those people hard.

There is a rhyme and a reason. It hits the elderly hard. It hits those with immune disorders hard. People with heart conditions or extremely overweight are getting hit hard. COVID is tearing people up with asthma.

But to say it is completely random is just not the case. Patterns have been established and those at higher risk are being identified. If it was completely random, think of all the college athletes that should have died from it, but they didn’t.

To address a few other posts; being objective is not being a denier. I am really tiring that some believe that if one is not in 100 percent in agreement with another pertaining to an issue, then they are a denier. COVID doesn’t give a chit about one’s politics. That fact COVID has been politically weaponized is shameful. The fact that a person bases their opinion on Covid due to their political beliefs is misguided.

BABYFACE

right, no nightly grilling meats and drinking delicious beers/scotch/whiskey for Coach Dixon
Well, he might as well park on the railroad tracks if that is the requirement.

Seriously, if needs to refrain from alcohol for a couple of weeks, so be it.

Purp

Except when there isn't. I have seen several that did not fit the usual. It happens often enough that people should give COVID some respect. My working theory is that some are genetically more susceptible. I saw a family with teenage kids that got hit hard by it. They had unusual GI symptoms that are not the norm but were debilitating. Both were positive and both had the exact same manifestation. It is a weird virus.
I'm no doctor (and haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express), but I've been having this thought for quite a while now regarding the genetic predisposition/resistance. I've seen too many people get it with almost all of the key check boxes filled in (heart disease, obesity, 70 - 80 years old [one 93], diabetus, etc. and show almost no symptoms at all. Meanwhile, some who are quite healthy, young, and generally considered not at risk get it and it nearly kills them (some others die, but I've not know one of them personally). My gut tells me the underlying health conditions and age are generally reliable risk factors because the death statistics are very compelling, but certain people must have some genetic sequence that protects them even in bad health while others who are otherwise healthy have a genetic sequence that makes them susceptible. It's definitely a weird deal.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Asthma is a big deal pertaining to COVID. It hits those people hard.

There is a rhyme and a reason. It hits the elderly hard. It hits those with immune disorders hard. People with heart conditions or extremely overweight are getting hit hard. COVID is tearing people up with asthma.

But to say it is completely random is just not the case. Patterns have been established and those at higher risk are being identified. If it was completely random, think of all the college athletes that should have died from it, but they didn’t.

To address a few other posts; being objective is not being a denier. I am really tiring that some believe that if one is not in 100 percent in agreement with another pertaining to an issue, then they are a denier. COVID doesn’t give a chit about one’s politics. That fact COVID has been politically weaponized is shameful. The fact that a person bases their opinion on Covid due to their political beliefs is misguided.
Like tcudoc posited earlier, I tend to believe there is a genetic predisposition in some that causes a more serious manifestation than in others. It is a small number, but knowing that there is a risk makes countermeasures more effective. Finding out what and why should be important goals, as these persons are vulnerable and need to be vaccinated now that we have the capability to do so.

But, such concerns have gone out the window. I saw this morning that the mentally ill loon from Pennsylvania who oversaw the deaths of tens of thousands of nursing home patients will accept the post of Deputy Director of HHS in his bloody hands. Anybody who wants to tell me that the illegitimate bunch of thieves assuming power tomorrow takes this disease seriously, and not simply as a useful tool for manipulation, had probably best explain that pick first...

LisaLT

Well, he might as well park on the railroad tracks if that is the requirement.

Seriously, if needs to refrain from alcohol for a couple of weeks, so be it.
In one of the earlier known cases that was all over the media, a young British man who was a teacher in Wuhan claims he got over the virus by drinking whiskey.

Who knows - I like to think Tequila kills germs. I know I feel better after a belt or two when I'm starting to feel crappy ;)

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
In one of the earlier known cases that was all over the media, a young British man who was a teacher in Wuhan claims he got over the virus by drinking whiskey.

Who knows - I like to think Tequila kills germs. I know I feel better after a belt or two when I'm starting to feel crappy ;)

Drinking Lysol does the trick too, according to one expert...

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
take this [ #2020 ] to the pit
Yes.

scheiss everyone who can't see the words Covid or Coronavirus without spouting off some ridiculous non-medically-trained opinion. I've had friends die too soon from this and other friends who have lost their jobs. The virus is the enemy but we're too busy flipping each other off to coordinate any type of effective organized response.

Zubaz

Yep

I'm sure getting tired of the people who say nothing to see here with this virus. 400k dead with 500k by end of February. That is not a small number and people who say otherwise are living in denial or have a certain political strain that is based on false bravado.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Those people have lost the argument, lost public opinion, and it cost most of them their preferred candidates Presidency (and the Senate too). Their rosy predictions were proved wrong at every single turn, and the numbers speak for themselves. Its a national embarassment, but the vaccine is here (if we can get that roll out right, which thus far we are predictably struggling), we will be through this soon.

(I am sure some of the above referenced will feel compelled to reply with their same tired lines. Please feel free, I do enjoy seeing flat earthers bothered when faced with facts, but it's clear where the facts are, and fortunately these theories have been widely rejected).

Wexahu

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Those people have lost the argument, lost public opinion, and it cost most of them their preferred candidates Presidency (and the Senate too). Their rosy predictions were proved wrong at every single turn, and the numbers speak for themselves. Its a national embarassment, but the vaccine is here (if we can get that roll out right, which thus far we are predictably struggling), we will be through this soon.

(I am sure some of the above referenced will feel compelled to reply with their same tired lines. Please feel free, I do enjoy seeing flat earthers bothered when faced with facts, but it's clear where the facts are, and fortunately these theories have been widely rejected).

LOL. Leave it up to you to be final judge and jury. Are you this pompous and sanctimonious in real life?

I don’t think any argument has been lost btw.

Moose Stuff

This is an outstanding Dirtbag impersonation.

Casey T

I just popped positive for covid. Had fevers last week on Tuesday and Wednesday, advil would help for a few hours and then it would come back. Felt not quite back to normal Thursday, and have felt healthy since. I'm 29 in good shape and lift 4x per week with some cardio mixed in. I thought I had something else when I had the fevers. My fiance has been around me the whole time and she is still not sick and has no symptoms.

The virus just effects people differently and sometimes in weird ways. That's my conclusion. I can't believe I got sick and she didn't, thought it would be the other way around