• The KillerFrogs

Watching BU-Kansas

bp4tcu

We're not even in the same stratosphere as those teams.

My wife and a lot of my in laws graduated from Tech so I've seen and heard a lot about them. While I've actually really grown to like Beard and the program he runs, at the same time they infuriate me. If they can have the rise they've had surely we can.

I know football is king in college but basketball has always been my favorite. I absolutely hate that we can't have any kind of real success.

TRF51

We're not even in the same stratosphere as those teams.

My wife and a lot of my in laws graduated from Tech so I've seen and heard a lot about them. While I've actually really grown to like Beard and the program he runs, at the same time they infuriate me. If they can have the rise they've had surely we can.

I know football is king in college but basketball has always been my favorite. I absolutely hate that we can't have any kind of real success.

Didn't Beard and Dixon start at the same time? There is a reason no one at Pitt wanted him anymore. Yes, he is an upgrade from what we had but we can do much better. Dixon only won when he had Trent's players. We never seem to get better throughout the year. I hope the next guy is an up and coming coach instead of a retread like Dixon.

Armadillo

Your sarcasm sucks. It must gall you to know people actually like basketball better than football.

I guess I should have added the sarcasm font for low IQ folks like yourself so you actually know that I'm kidding. /sarcasm font

I'll try harder next time, just for you. /sarcasm font, again

(FYI, "Delete thread. BAN User" = Joke/sarcasm 100% of the time. Got it?)

Last edited:

Rose Bowl

I guess I should have added the sarcasm font for low IQ folks like yourself so you actually know that I'm kidding.

I'll try harder next time, just for you.

(FYI, "Delete thread. BAN User" = Joke/sarcasm 100% of the time. Got it?)
I knew it was sarcasm just tired and not funny. Was it supposed to be funny?

You might be the low IQ guy.

Pharm Frog

Your sarcasm sucks. It must gall you to know people actually like basketball better than football.

First...that is galling. Secondly, some people like pumpkin pancakes apparently so there’s no accounting for tastes and preferences. And user name does not check out. Suggest NaismithFrog or HigherExpectationsThanYouFrog or StayhardwoodFrog.

Rose Bowl

First...that is galling. Secondly, some people like pumpkin pancakes apparently so there’s no accounting for tastes and preferences. And user name does not check out. Suggest NaismithFrog or HigherExpectationsThanYouFrog or StayhardwoodFrog.
So you’re saying that everyone should think alike? How boring that would be if so. I’m a sports fan who likes all of them so I don’t really understand why a name on a message board is important to what sport you like. Maybe I should be frogsports or something along those lines.

I’m just a fan no better or worse than anyone else. I don’t need anyone telling me how to think or what my preferences should be so I apologize if I get a little testy.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Yeah, it's totally amazing that the two top teams in the conference, both of which were ranked in the top 4, appear better than us. Unreal. We should be beating them everytime, because, you know, we're a basketball school and Baylor and KU are just, I don't know, women's tennis schools?
Reading is hard. I didn’t say beating them. I said how far behind them we are. As in grossly not close. Non-competitive. We are the worst team in the league. Maybe you are Ok with it. Dixon at this point should have a better team. At least a mid-conference team.

Armadillo

You seem like a very sensitive person. I’m trying to understand how my post put you in such an uproar?

Maybe you should use it.

Yes, reading my posts in this thread clearly indicates I’m the one in an uproar. Especially since my uproarious posts began in jest, yet clearly triggered you.

I vow to you, as I did above, to always add the /sarcasm font from now on, just for you. Especially the on these posts:

1. Delete thread. Ban user.
2. Racist, IMO.
3. Take a lap.

There’s many more silly inside FFF jokes I missed for sure. But yes, I made a silly comment and I’m the one in the uproar. Again, please IGNORE me and my silly comments.

tetonfrog

Reading is hard. I didn’t say beating them. I said how far behind them we are. As in grossly not close. Non-competitive. We are the worst team in the league. Maybe you are Ok with it. Dixon at this point should have a better team. At least a mid-conference team.

We are not the worst team in the Big 12. That is Kansas State (1-9) or Iowa State (0-7). TCU beat KSU easily and should sweep ISU. We've had worse teams do that to better Cyclone teams. BU and KU blew out KSU and ISU just like they did us. That is what good teams do: beat the bottom feeders.

But, you are absolutely right Top. We should be better. This is unacceptable. JD must make adjustments with his program.

The first thing is to establish some kind of offensive game plan other than pick and roll/dribble and drive. If we are not going to run a half court offense (and it is hard to do without a post scorer), then full-court press and score off of that. I don't understand why JD thinks the results will be different when we do the same thing again and again.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Now now, the case can be made that we’re at least a lower middle tier team.