• The KillerFrogs

Kenny Hill QB Coach (?)

Saying the OL got better isn't doing a 180 on Anderson. It's just stating a fact...
..they got better.
They did not get better. The quality of competition severely declined. Baylor, TTU suck and KU should be competing for 5A Titles. If holding up against those powerhouses gives you amnesia from the first 5 games then fine, but I don't just forget things because the recent results are more favorable

WIN

We use to recruit players that were "coachable" and trived with a system where they were not at or near the top of the game but willing to listen and work harder to get there. Now we are recruiting better but the "chip" on the shoulder is no longer there so we are like those teams we use to exploit. There has to be a sweet spot we can recover!

Pretty tough to lead the conference in rushing with an OL that sucks.
Right, none of that goes to the 5 Star RB, 4 Star RB, extremely mobile QB, or inept passing game that makes running the only option.

Right or wrong, one phenomena I will never understand about TCU football: early-mid season struggles and frustration, followed by modest improvement toward the year which causes county wide amnesia and suddenly all the horrors when facing OU are forgotten. We then talk ourselves into the narrative that 7 bowl practices have allowed a guy to "turn the corner" and suddenly walk into the new year with stunning optimism. Bizarre

jake102

Right, none of that goes to the 5 Star RB, 4 Star RB, extremely mobile QB, or inept passing game that makes running the only option.

Right or wrong, one phenomena I will never understand about TCU football: early-mid season struggles and frustration, followed by modest improvement toward the year which causes county wide amnesia and suddenly all the horrors when facing OU are forgotten. We then talk ourselves into the narrative that 7 bowl practices have allowed a guy to "turn the corner" and suddenly walk into the new year with stunning optimism. Bizarre

If anything our inability to pass should have made our run game worse. But we posted the highest yards/carry in a long time. I do agree that giving Evans more carries was a big reason we improved.

And yeah, starting seasons slowly has ALWAYS been a GP problem. We finish stronger than we start the vast majority of the time.

ticketfrog123

Everybody running through here shouting "it's impossible for your run game to improve AND your competition to be lesser, simultaneously!" Plus I guess OSU is in that "crappy opponent" group?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They had a +4 or +5 TO margin and lost.

crappy day for sure. Always an inconsistent team

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
How did we beat UT again? When we did it?

Why did we play a pretty good game in Austin, and suddenly suck donkey balls at home the next week?

CountryFrog

They did not get better. The quality of competition severely declined. Baylor, TTU suck and KU should be competing for 5A Titles. If holding up against those powerhouses gives you amnesia from the first 5 games then fine, but I don't just forget things because the recent results are more favorable
I've said myself that some of the offensive improvement we saw later in the season was attributable to the competition. I think that's just being realistic that who you play matters. But you seem to be taking it way too far.

As Moose stated, you don't lead the B12 in rushing with an OL that sucks. I haven't seen anyone on here who has said it's a great unit but there are several steps between great and sucks. All of the other teams in the conference also played all those teams you mentioned so you can't just write off the conference stats as being a product of the competition when everyone in the conference played the exact same competition.

CountryFrog

Straw man much?

OmniscienceFrog

Well of course extreme pessimism is much better.

OmniscienceFrog

The O-line didn't suck last year. I don't think a team runs for almost 2,150 yards in 10 games with an O-line that "sucked". The biggest thing that sucked with the offense was the play in the passing game between the QB and his receivers. To be clear, I'm not saying they were great, or really good, or whatever. But they didn't suck.

Anderson is pretty well down the list of people to blame IMO.
More irrational anti-pessimism!

ifrog

You are confusing me with someone else. I’m consistently on record that the program should have gone in a different direction several years ago. However, the decision was made that meh was okay and the pyramid talk was just coach-speak. Exactly nothing has happened to change my mind about that.

[ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] you bashed him.

ifrog

I have been pretty vocal on this board about not wanting Hill. But it looks like it is done, so I am ready to move on and wish him success. At least he has had some QB coaching besides just Cumbie.

If Duggan can just improve his passing, we should have a good offense next year...finally. So far I have really been happy with how the OL has progressed under Anderson. Good stable of RB's. Some good returning receivers: 247 says Spielman is returning.

It is done and nobody cares about your opinion