• The KillerFrogs

Realistic Basketball Coaching Candidates

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
We’re not there yet, remember what Trent Johnson, Jim Christian and the guy before him put on the court. We’ve actually come a long way... it was really bad for 20 years before Dixon and that was in the mtn west and cusa

Farmfrog

There are several guys that could do a good job but the question is what the criteria will be. Will the main factor be HC experience or will an assistant at a high level job be considered.

As for Rose, he’s just frustrated with the state of the team. We all want to win but you can’t say that we have the biggest fanbase around.

Rose Bowl

I apologize guys. I know I care more than 99% of the people on here and I wish more cared like I do. I would think the posters on this board would care more than the average person and when Moose, who is one of the best posters on this board, posts that he didn’t care to me that speaks volumes about what our real fans think.

Again my apologies.

wilson912

I apologize guys. I know I care more than 99% of the people on here and I wish more cared like I do. I would think the posters on this board would care more than the average person and when Moose, who is one of the best posters on this board, posts that he didn’t care to me that speaks volumes about what our real fans think.

Again my apologies.

Again my apologies.

Accepted but not needed. Yes, there’s too much apathy on this matter. Listened to Dixon’s show, not encouraging at all.

I like Dixon but we need a better offensive system that encourages uptempo play (Miles and RJ’s strengths) and physicality. This is not the Big East. Let’s play fast for gosh sakes and create some easier opportunities!

Skip Jansen—we need to hear from you on all of this!

PO Frog

Skip has been glaringly silent. Wondering if he feels conflicted because he knows that JD needs to go but a personal relationship makes it hard for him to discuss on the forum...

Wexahu

Accepted but not needed. Yes, there’s too much apathy on this matter. Listened to Dixon’s show, not encouraging at all.

I like Dixon but we need a better offensive system that encourages uptempo play (Miles and RJ’s strengths) and physicality. This is not the Big East. Let’s play fast for gosh sakes and create some easier opportunities!

Skip Jansen—we need to hear from you on all of this!

What in particular was "not encouraging" about it?

We just need to play better and win more. Playing more uptempo isn't necessarily the answer IMO, it's not that we play slow, it's that we play poorly.

LVH

What in particular was "not encouraging" about it?

We just need to play better and win more. Playing more uptempo isn't necessarily the answer IMO, it's not that we play slow, it's that we play poorly.

Everyone always thinks, whether it be football or baseball, that playing fast paced is always the answer. The defending national champs ranked dead last in pace. The top 5 teams in the Big 12 right now, the fastest paced team among them is Baylor, who ranks 164th nationally in pace. There is no right or wrong answer, the key to success is fundamentally sound basketball.

Eight

Again my apologies.

never apologize for caring unless it is caring about steel

CountryFrog

Again my apologies.
No apology needed. I highly doubt there are many people actively posting on this board who truly "don't care" about TCU football and basketball. I just don't think it's realistic to think that the entire board is going to be able to engage in an informed discussion about 20 different basketball coaches that none of us know anything about.

We struggle to have an informed reasonable discussion about football coaches currently on our own staff beyond "fire everyone", much less basketball coaches from all around America.

Farmfrog

I don’t think we have to play faster but playing quicker would give you more opportunities to score. Remember the slower you play the more efficient you have to be.

tetonfrog

It is a nice list, but it is totally unnecessary. JD is not going anywhere now despite our unhappiness with the team’s play now. The only way he leaves is if TCU forks out a huge settlement and that will not happen.

It is not that no one cares about basketball, but why waste time debating about our next coach when the current one is not going anywhere?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This is just another thread that shows we’ll most probably never have a good program. A guy takes the time to make a list and posters don’t care. It’s almost like people don’t give a ****.

Nice list actually LVH. Guys like Jerome Tang and Carlin Hartman should get a look too.
Why should I care about a list unless Dixon has been let go? Seems like a waste of my time.

Edit: Teton beat me to it.

denverfrog

I understand that there will always be short horizon fans. I guess that will never change. We have missed on a few recruits that have effected our results. But, that is just college athletics today. JD is the right coach for TCU,and, I hope will be here for a long time

Realtorfrog

I don’t be think he’s going anywhere soon but if he does I hope we find an up and comer like Tech has found in Beard! That guy eats and sleeps basketball. His summer basketball camp is intense...... from 8:30 am to 9:30pm with not many breaks. My son liked it but he was worn out when we picked him up.

Wog68

Three years ago I sent Dixon film on a 6'7" All- Atlanta District first teamer with a 4.0 gpa who loved TCU . He wanted to come play for the Frogs in the worst way. I drove to TCU to talk with CJD, and he told me to have the guy enroll and walk on. My young friend went elsewhere.

Francis Xavier

Three years ago I sent Dixon film on a 6'7" All- Atlanta District first teamer with a 4.0 gpa who loved TCU . He wanted to come play for the Frogs in the worst way. I drove to TCU to talk with CJD, and he told me to have the guy enroll and walk on. My young friend went elsewhere.
Where did this kid end up? What time of year did you go? This is a very ambiguous post and not sure what you are implying. That is not any different than me uploading a video of my 5-11” self shooting threes in high school. Dixon is one to usually go find the unknowns. If he didnt bite, well....