• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

YA

Remember, at heart, I'm an old Prog. Thus, big thematics and soundscapes are sometimes very, very appealing...

The original trailer for Cloud Atlas was set to this piece of music, and it really put the hook in me. So, I went and found the album attached: 'Hurry Up, We're Dreaming' from 2011.

Some of my friends have long considered me absolutely hidebound, in that I "don't bother to listen to music from this Century!" To that, I say that this Century has mainly produced a great deal of utterly unlistenable crap. Yet, from time to time, like the thousand chimpanzees on the thousand typewriters, there comes something that catches my fancy...

that was alos the intro soundtrack for the television series Versailles which I thought was very good

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
8c3bee6ee24d59f44e9b6ff0bb611e04.jpg

060bf4c92326b95ea295d07021061fed.jpg

4d14f3f8577d02ade5667a3f8d2eae8d.jpg
All that, and a delightful voice, delicious accent, and the brains to carry on a proper conversation...

steelfrog

Tier 1
OK a couple a things:

Warriors is OK, not as great as some have intimated. But, Steel is watching it

Your Honor with Brian Cranston has been pretty good so far

There's a good-looking series coming out with Michael Chiklis called Coyote

Mandalorian has been better than expected; thought it would be unmitigated dogcrap

Billions flamed out, can't watch it any more

Ray Donovan also has flamed out

Anyone have any suggestions for as-yet-unreleased series or movies that you are looking forward to?

Many thanks.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Also, watched a documentary last night on Netflix on Arlington PD's own Ronnie Coleman: The King; kinda sad how bad his health issues have become; but sometimes that's the price of greatness.

Horned Toad

OK a couple a things:

Mandalorian has been better than expected; thought it would be unmitigated dogcrap

Anyone have any suggestions for as-yet-unreleased series or movies that you are looking forward to?

Many thanks.
Looking forward to Dune being released.

Eight

OK a couple a things:

Many thanks.

really wish most american series would go the way of the british series and in some cases end too soon instead of turning out [ Finebaum ] year after year..

fleabag and luther were brief but quality to the end.

Frog-in-law1995

OK a couple a things:

Many thanks.

flight attendant is an 8-episode show starring Kaley Cuoco that has started off pretty good. Definite flame out potential, but the first episode was fun.

Currently watching MVP 2: Most Vertical Primate. Jack has to balance hockey season with his skateboarding competitions. When the championships of both overlap he has to call on his little brother Louie to take his place on the Seattle Simians until the skateboard competition is over and he can zip on over between the 2nd and 3rd oeriod. The LA Carjackers take the lead going into the 3rd but Jack is able to suit up...but I've said too much already so I won't give away any spoilers.

Pharm Frog

Haven't read through the thread well enough to know if it was discussed, but I would strongly recommend Cobra Kai (assuming you've seen and at least somewhat enjoyed Karate Kid). It's outstanding.

Better watch it before it’s gone...

9d5ef240-2b77-11eb-ab7d-84e86b0eaba3

At Netflix, 'Cobra Kai' broke out. Now its whiteness is under a new spotlight
Jen Yamato
Fri, January 8, 2021, 4:54 PM

Moose Stuff

Better watch it before it’s gone...

9d5ef240-2b77-11eb-ab7d-84e86b0eaba3

At Netflix, 'Cobra Kai' broke out. Now its whiteness is under a new spotlight
Jen Yamato
Fri, January 8, 2021, 4:54 PM

Yeah I read that, so scheissing stupid. The writers inherited the 3 main characters from the original who were all white and Pat Morita is dead. From there they formed a cast of kids that includes 2 Asians, 2-3 black males, a black girl, and the lead male is Hispanic. Johnny's love interest is also Hispanic. Plus they reintroduced 2 Asian characters from the original this season. Not sure what they were supposed to do short of recasting Daniel with one of the Wayans brothers instead of Macchio. I loathe people.

Frog-in-law1995

I liked Cobra Kai--even surprised the wife like it too. But, man at times I felt weird liking the show as it seemed so juvenile but we watched all 3 seasons in one weekend.

Daniel LaRusso was not the hero he used to be as I found him unlikable

Agree, feels like it’s written by the Saved by the Bell writing team at times. And Larusso is pretty shmarmy. We’re a 100% #teamJohnny household.

Chongo94

I liked Cobra Kai--even surprised the wife like it too. But, man at times I felt weird liking the show as it seemed so juvenile but we watched all 3 seasons in one weekend.

Daniel LaRusso was not the hero he used to be as I found him unlikable

The older I got, every time I saw a replay of the originals, I disliked him more and more. Maybe I just dislike everyone with a Jersey accent.