• The KillerFrogs

FIRE JAMIE DIXON TONIGHT

Francis Xavier

Ya know I try to be as level headed here as possible. I am not about to say let's fire him tonight, as his pacing up and down a sideline tells me he is still trying, but I have no clue what is going on with the maddening inconsistency. This team is young, yes. But we are getting nothing from PJ, and most others. We started good with Kevin but then barf. Plus Oklahoma has been torching the nets. I just don't know what the answer is. I'd say he gets this year, and we have to do something like make the tourney next year IMO for him to stay safe. Overall, the level of players we've brought in, if stars even matter, has not nearly been matched in overall play. This is a tough league. Didn't expect a W tonight but didn't expect this mess either. Idk man. We have no good history to go off though. Level of play Is still generally way above where we were for 20 years. Just don't understand blowing out A&M, beating a good OSU on the road(who is beating Kansas) then this Sh**.

Moose Stuff

I completely agree, but we don't have a AD that will do anything. Even if Donati were to pull the plug, can we honestly trust him to make the right hire? We are stuck with incompetence within the athletic department.

I'm not necessarily defending the guy but what evidence do we have that he couldn't make a good hire?

Francis Xavier

Yeah it's time to move on. It's usually a strange/not great move when you cite legal language to keep a wealthy person at a job they don't actually need.
I do wonder if there is some residual effect here but on the surface it doesn't seem that. It just seems like these players have NO heart. Dixon used to win at Pitt with guys that looked like they ate too many burgers and just got off the court at the local YMCA.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I'm not necessarily defending the guy but what evidence do we have that he couldn't make a good hire?

Not saying he couldn't, but that's the question. Do we know he can? There is no way of knowing, but we can agree that the likelihood of JD being let go this year is pretty much 0%.

Francis Xavier

I do not think Dixon is a bad coach but his results are certainly a far cry from 10 years ago at Pitt. Irony is he is recruiting better here than ever IMO. He rarely got top level guys at Pitt. He has more stars on this roster than I believe he ever had there.

East Coast

Tier 1
I do not think Dixon is a bad coach but his results are certainly a far cry from 10 years ago at Pitt. Irony is he is recruiting better here than ever IMO. He rarely got top level guys at Pitt. He has more stars on this roster than I believe he ever had there.
He has no point guards and no tough guys under the basket. Those were his keys to winning at Pitt. He hasn't adjusted his style of play either; if anything he has regressed since he got a lot of mileage out of TJ's recruits. You can't win consistently with 13 wings and a couple of mediocre centers.

East Coast

Tier 1
The tcu job should be easy. Amazing facilities, tons of nearby talent, fans who won’t expect much but will still attend when the team is good.
No, the TCU job is not easy. Every team in the conference has a better basketball tradition than TCU. The Big12 is a buzz saw. My expectations are a team that plays hard and competes every night. Also I expect an upwards trajectory in the program. We've just seen 1 half of decent basketball out of the last 6, and even in that one the offense was horrible. Tonight it seemed that most of our team checked out from start, which is unacceptable.

Paul in uhh

No, the TCU job is not easy. Every team in the conference has a better basketball tradition than TCU. The Big12 is a buzz saw. My expectations are a team that plays hard and competes every night. Also I expect an upwards trajectory in the program. We've just seen 1 half of decent basketball out of the last 6, and even in that one the offense was horrible. Tonight it seemed that most of our team checked out from start, which is unacceptable.
I agree with you on all accounts. I said easy because we don’t demand sweet 16s every year. Heck,’just making the tourney for two seasons in a row would make the coach a legend here... and you don’t even need to go .500 in conference to make the tourney!

LVH

Even though our record wasn't great under Trent Johnson, at least you could tell the guys were playing hard, we just didn't have the players or depth. What I have seen the last 3 games has been quit and a total lack of effort.

Francis Xavier

Even though our record wasn't great under Trent Johnson, at least you could tell the guys were playing hard, we just didn't have the players or depth. What I have seen the last 3 games has been quit and a total lack of effort.
it is going to be very important for all us of here that they respond hard next Wednesday. I believe that is our next game.

FrogPreacher

There's a train from Norman to Fort Worth I believe. If trains are still being used these days to carry humans.
Yeah, it will make a run in the morning. Twice a day, once up, once back. You could drop him off in Ardmore or Marietta. Well, it doesn't stop in Marietta, just open the door and roll him out!