• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

asleep003

two year starter at tackle, one at right and one at left. main strengths seem to be intelligence and athletic ability needing to get more physical if he wants to improve draft position.

don't see any real down side. if stornment stays and he comes aboard the frogs would appear to have two experienced tackles with coker and coleman behind them.

allows the frogs to keep avilla inside where there have to get stronger.

no accident that the two strongest teams in the lines in the cfp are the two that are playing for the title. despite all the dog and pony formations, sets, throwing the ball etc.. it still comes down to controlling the line of scrimmage
Yes Eight ... Its always about the Big and Uglies, always !! There's plenty of skilled talent for D1 and especially for the P5s. Give me a 4* OL and a 3* QB over a 3* OL and a 4* QB.

westoverhillbilly

Yes Eight ... Its always about the Big and Uglies, always !! There's plenty of skilled talent for D1 and especially for the P5s. Give me a 4* OL and a 3* QB over a 3* OL and a 4* QB.

Couldn't agree more. The game is, always was and always will be won by wearing opponents down in the trenches. It seems that everyone from the top to bottom of the P5 conferences have the skill players needed to win.

Wexahu

Couldn't agree more. The game is, always was and always will be won by wearing opponents down in the trenches. It seems that everyone from the top to bottom of the P5 conferences have the skill players needed to win.

I agree, but IMO it's much easier to scheme around a weaker offensive line than it is a weak defensive line. I think DL is the most important unit on a team other than QB. If you're not good there, you've got basically no chance to beat the really good teams.

Eight

Always nice to sneak onto one of these lists.

interesting list. do find the mental gymnastics the services go through in rating classes is interesting at times.

consider that in the espn class quincy butler is rated, but not dj rogers because they treat rogers as a transfer though i don't think rogers ever attended classes at cal

247 doesn't include butler and rogers in the frogs class totals, but did include sorrells in the frogs 2019 class

what matters most is the talent that arrives on campus, just find it interesting to see them try to fit the actual process into their models

Peacefrog

Degenerate
interesting list. do find the mental gymnastics the services go through in rating classes is interesting at times.

consider that in the espn class quincy butler is rated, but not dj rogers because they treat rogers as a transfer though i don't think rogers ever attended classes at cal

247 doesn't include butler and rogers in the frogs class totals, but did include sorrells in the frogs 2019 class

what matters most is the talent that arrives on campus, just find it interesting to see them try to fit the actual process into their models
I’m pretty certain Sorrels want included in the rankings. JC was pretty adamant about that.

Eight

I’m pretty certain Sorrels want included in the rankings. JC was pretty adamant about that.

not going to do the math to determine if he was included in the score and average, but listed as the frogs top recruit in 2019

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

quick look also shows adam plant listed among the 2018 signees

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Season/2018-Football/Commits/

personally, list anyone new who the frogs had to woo on to campus as far as i am concerned which includes prospects who didn't enroll the year before or transfers. makes much more sense to me than including kids who aren't going to make it academically

Last edited:

Eight

two auburn defensive linemen now available in the transfer portal.

defensive tackle daquan newkirk and defensive end big kat bryant. wouldn't might adding bryant as how can you go wrong with a guy whose name is "big kat"?