• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: Sam Jackson excited for TCU future, early enrollment

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sam Jackson excited for TCU future, early enrollment

ByALLEN TRIEU

Naperville (Ill.) Central quarterback Sam Jackson signed with TCU during the Early Signing Period and is now preparing to enroll mid-year and get started with his Horned Frogs future.

The 6-foot, 185-pound Jackson was committed to Purdue when the Horned Frogs offered and then things progressed from there.

"Well, obviously, I felt like Purdue was best for me because I was committed at first," Jackson explained. "TCU didn't come around until after. I was able to talk to their coaches after they offered me. I had a virtual tour around the school and talked to the coaches, so we got to build a relationship around that time. Things with Purdue were good but I was still looking for the best place for me and that best place for me came after Purdue. I wanted to give everyone a chance that gave me chance. Now since I signed, I know TCU is that best place. I leave in a couple days to go down there actually. So it was really just me discussing with my dad, mentor and my coaches about is this really what you want to do."

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/Sam-Jackson-TCU-football-recruiting--158761005/

ticketfrog123

TCU didn't negatively recruit against Purdue. He built a relationship with Kenny Hill and Meach. They showed him how his skill set is similar to the TCU QBs who have had the most recent success. Then they showed him the campus, facilities, and he loved the weather. Good job coaches!

Are people claiming we negatively recruited them?

they negatively recruited against themselves with a horrific track record at QB and Rondale Moore giving a huge boost to their offensive woes.

plus we beat them pretty bad...

Eight

Are people claiming we negatively recruited them?

they negatively recruited against themselves with a horrific track record at QB and Rondale Moore giving a huge boost to their offensive woes.

plus we beat them pretty bad...

wait, i thought tcu was the school with the horrific track record at developing quarterbacks?

Pharm Frog

TCU didn't negatively recruit against Purdue. He built a relationship with Kenny Hill and Meach. They showed him how his skill set is similar to the TCU QBs who have had the most recent success. Then they showed him the campus, facilities, and he loved the weather. Good job coaches!

Article buries the lede IMO. Headline could have read: “TCU Football Signals No Change to Offense”

They would not have to change the offense for me, so the fit was perfect. I could have went to Purdue and fit well in their offense too but maybe they would have to change a few things.

Last edited: