• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Armadillo

You can go ahead and mark down a sweep against Iowa State. Hell, use a Sharpie. I’m feeling confident.

Hey, I know you’re kidding because I’ve always appreciated your humor, and vice versa I think!?!?

But in all seriousness, my father in law, god rest his soul, was the oldest living ISU baseball alum until he passed 2 years ago at age 96. He was a lefty pitcher from the 40s, and also a WW2 Vet. They honored him just before he passed at the Cedar Rapids Kernals game and even at an ISU football game. He was old for sure, but his mind was sharp as ever. The dude was 95 and would still walk around the block twice a day.

I know it’s silly, but he was a good man. I simply wish we had 10 baseball teams in the big12.

Okay, back to TCU talk. Sorry for the detour.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Hey, I know you’re kidding because I’ve always appreciated your humor, and vice versa I think!?!?

But in all seriousness, my father in law, god rest his soul, was the oldest living ISU baseball alum until he passed 2 years ago at age 96. He was a lefty pitcher from the 40s, and also a WW2 Vet. They honored him just before he passed at the Cedar Rapids Kernals game and even at an ISU football game. He was old for sure, but his mind was sharp as ever. The dude was 95 and would still walk around the block twice a day.

I know it’s silly, but he was a good man. I simply wish we had 10 baseball teams in the big12.

That’s an amazing story. Thanks for sharing that. I imagine he was terrific to visit with.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

That was a worthy detour.

Paint It Purple

Great story about your father in law. What was his name?

BTW: you know there's a baseball field in Iowa where some pretty special baseball takes place. Maybe FIL is there now.

tcumaniac

Really curious to see how they handle season tickets for baseball, especially considering the obvious fact that practically no one can make every single home game for college baseball.

If they treat baseball like they did football and basketball, 25% of Lupton's capacity will go to season ticket holders based on priority points. It's inevitable that many of those season tickets would go unused from game to game, as I don't expect even the most loyal fan to attend all 4 games of a weekend series every week.

To me, the most practical solution would be to sell out season tickets, and then provide a "buy back" program that allows season ticket holders to "return" tickets for games they can't use in exchange for credits to be used towards the 2022 season. Those returned tickets can then be sold as single game tickets for fans that weren't able to get season tickets. TCU is already doing something similar to this for basketball.

Pharm Frog

Really curious to see how they handle season tickets for baseball, especially considering the obvious fact that practically no one can make every single home game for college baseball.

If they treat baseball like they did football and basketball, 25% of Lupton's capacity will go to season ticket holders based on priority points. It's inevitable that many of those season tickets would go unused from game to game, as I don't expect even the most loyal fan to attend all 4 games of a weekend series every week.

To me, the most practical solution would be to sell out season tickets, and then provide a "buy back" program that allows season ticket holders to "return" tickets for games they can't use in exchange for credits to be used towards the 2022 season. Those returned tickets can then be sold as single game tickets for fans that weren't able to get season tickets. TCU is already doing something similar to this for basketball.

I figure they are gonna mess it up badly.

Armadillo

Sadly, I really don't care Maniac. I just want some college baseball, and more specifically, some TCU Baseball.

I meant that in conversation, not in calling you out. lol. Either way, any schedule, kinda like football, I'm good with. Let's play some ball!

edit: of course living in the people's republic of austin, I pretty much watch everything on TV since giving up my Football season tix a few years ago. Those who are local I assume have a greater interest in the schedule, understandably.

Pharm Frog

Just ranking the newcomers on the team, not the actual team. You can put 2 and 3 together here with what we have coming back for an idea of what is possible this year.

Yep. And I note with interest that we have one of our best fungo hitters returning as well. Stacked team all the way through.