• The KillerFrogs

I guess Jeremy and I will just have to disagree

Pharm Frog

lol if you think NFL experience doesn’t matter. On one hand it shows you had the talent and work ethic to make it to the next level.

is it absolutely necessary? No, but it certainly helps.

no different than hiring normal office people. I’d never consider hiring somebody at a prestigious company who had a no name background in terms of work experience - Coaches either have personal (NFL, All-American) experience or professional (similar caliber teams) that can be a litmus test.

some college coaches didn’t have either, but are a rarity mathematically

I don’t hire normal office people. I hire extraordinary office people. Actually I don’t hire any “office” people anymore and haven’t for several years. Carry on...

Moose Stuff

lol if you think NFL experience doesn’t matter. On one hand it shows you had the talent and work ethic to make it to the next level.

is it absolutely necessary? No, but it certainly helps.

no different than hiring normal office people. I’d never consider hiring somebody at a prestigious company who had a no name background in terms of work experience - Coaches either have personal (NFL, All-American) experience or professional (similar caliber teams) that can be a litmus test.

some college coaches didn’t have either, but are a rarity mathematically

I never said it didn't matter. This discussion started with me saying Kenny had similar coaching background to Fitch, Modkins, Gonzo, and Kelly. That's it, that's all I said. Wex then said he didn't think their backgrounds were similar at all (which is absurd). Kelly playing a couple years in the NFL doesn't keep his background from being SIMILAR to KH's.

Wexahu

Not sure why, but I thought Kelly had spent 7-8 years in the NFL. So I was wrong about him, he didn't have much experience at all before we hired him. No idea what he was doing between 09-17 but it apparently wasn't football related. That hire much more closely would resemble a KH situation than Fitch, Modkins or Gonzo.

Tumbleweed

Changing the mind thoughts. Can Ohio State take Alabama? Y or N?

Who will be in the super bowl? .. Betcha we'll have a surprise or two...?