• The KillerFrogs

I guess Jeremy and I will just have to disagree

Froglaw

Well sure. I don't think anyone is trying to portray Kenny as the best candidate in America for this opening.

I often wonder what our football team would look like if it was run by this Forum.

Probably like the old Soviet Union 5 year economic plans.

One plan called for shoes. So the Soviets made millions of shoes that nobody wanted.

I like the idea of hiring CGP and Jerry Kill to run our program.

Our shoes are pretty cool.

froginmn

Based on their age when they were hired to coach a position, their numbers of years in football, and their other places of employment, I really don't think the situations are all that similar. Those guys paid their dues far more than KH will have if he gets the job.

This is just my opinion, but it seems like KH has just been kind of coddled by GP since he got here, like GP was so thrilled he decided to transfer here that he just could hardly get over it. Just my impression based on observations from afar. And when I've seen KH on the sidelines, it seems like he's fraternizing with the players as much as he is coaching. Maybe that was part of his job.
Did Malcolm Kelly have experience I'm unaware of?

Far as I understand he was a grad assistant at Houston before we hired him

froginmn

Based on their age when they were hired to coach a position, their numbers of years in football, and their other places of employment, I really don't think the situations are all that similar. Those guys paid their dues far more than KH will have if he gets the job.

This is just my opinion, but it seems like KH has just been kind of coddled by GP since he got here, like GP was so thrilled he decided to transfer here that he just could hardly get over it. Just my impression based on observations from afar. And when I've seen KH on the sidelines, it seems like he's fraternizing with the players as much as he is coaching. Maybe that was part of his job.
Did ZF have experience I'm unaware of? As far as I understood, he had been a grad assistant, a HS assistant, and a JC coach for a year.

froginmn

Did Jeremy Modkins have experience I'm unaware of? As I understand it, he was a grad assistant, left TCU to work outside of football, then returned as an analyst and then coach.

Wexahu

Did Jeremy Modkins have experience I'm unaware of? As I understand it, he was a grad assistant, left TCU to work outside of football, then returned as an analyst and then coach.

No, you are right on all accounts.

Now, what are KH's credentials as a coach? He has very little experience relative to his peers on teams we are trying to beat, he's never been on another coaching staff or held a job outside of TCU, and in his three years here the offense has generally stunk, and in particular the development of the QBs has been poor.

But by all means, I'm sure he's a good choice to replace Sonny.

Pharm Frog

Now, what are KH's credentials as a coach? He has very little experience relative to his peers on teams we are trying to beat, he's never been on another coaching staff or held a job outside of TCU, and in his three years here the offense has generally stunk, and in particular the development of the QBs has been poor.

He doesn’t have to coach. Just get ink on a NLI.

Moose Stuff

You moved the goal posts with your closing paragraphs. The discussion was whether the other coaches mentioned had much/any more experience than Kenny. We weren't discussing whether Kenny will be a good QB coach. And for the record I have no idea what kind of coach he will be.

Eight

I’ll assume you’re aware of the rap that the 2020 OU team copied from MK after the Cotton Bowl win.

yes he played 3 years for Redskins + was 2nd round pick

Fitch also played a few years in the league

fitch was also the head coach at dallas lincoln for a few seasons,

modkins had a couple of nfl seasons, a couple as a ga, and 3-4 as a defensive analyst

gonzalez coached at pacific for a few years before coming to tcu as a ga and not sure if he was an analyst at all at tcu

Moose Stuff

I’ll assume you’re aware of the rap that the 2020 OU team copied from MK after the Cotton Bowl win.

yes he played 3 years for Redskins + was 2nd round pick

Fitch also played a few years in the league

JOKE in terms of it mattering in terms of "experience". I'm fully aware of his background.

Moose Stuff

fitch was also the head coach at dallas lincoln for a few seasons,

modkins had a couple of nfl seasons, a couple as a ga, and 3-4 as a defensive analyst

gonzalez coached at pacific for a few years before coming to tcu as a ga and not sure if he was an analyst at all at tcu

You guys are REALLY stretching it to find ways these guys have enough experience beyond what Kenny has for it to matter.

Eight

You guys are REALLY stretching it to find ways these guys have enough experience beyond what Kenny has for it to matter.

simply listed the work history of some staff members you listed similar to my listing of the recruiting rankings of the quarterbacks.

what you or any other posters does with that information is beyond my control.

ticketfrog123

lol if you think NFL experience doesn’t matter. On one hand it shows you had the talent and work ethic to make it to the next level.

is it absolutely necessary? No, but it certainly helps.

no different than hiring normal office people. I’d never consider hiring somebody at a prestigious company who had a no name background in terms of work experience - Coaches either have personal (NFL, All-American) experience or professional (similar caliber teams) that can be a litmus test.

some college coaches didn’t have either, but are a rarity mathematically