• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

HToady

Is it really good?

Reviews I read all panned it--said it was a poor recycling of his Breaking Bad character.
It's really good, well written story, at least leading up to now. There are only 5 episodes out there and the crime boss is just now figuring out who killed his son...so many mistakes, wrong turns.
I didn't watch enough Breaking Bad to say it's a retread of the same character, but he does seem to be a bit uncertain.

Chongo94

El Cid on Amazon is GREAT. Highly recommend it. Only 5 episodes. It’s in Spanish but if you don’t know Spanish there are subtitles or a straight up English dub.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
It's really good, well written story, at least leading up to now. There are only 5 episodes out there and the crime boss is just now figuring out who killed his son...so many mistakes, wrong turns.
I didn't watch enough Breaking Bad to say it's a retread of the same character, but he does seem to be a bit uncertain.

Thanks. I'll give it a look.

JugbandFrog

Any of y’all old enough to remember the days when you had the VHS tape of a great movie to share with friends.

I had a copy of Boondock Saints, The Killer, and Eddie Murphy’s Delirious that I would share with friends when they asked me for suggestions

We watched "Let Him Go" over the break. Direct to streaming like alot of movis this year. Kevin Costner and Diane lane -- Like them both. Pretty good and intense drama. Set in the 60s in Montana/ND. I kept thinking it was going to end with him buying a large ranch.

tetonfrog

Watched Highwaymen the other night with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson. It’s about the two former Texas Rangers who bring down Bonnie and Clyde. It was surprisingly good.

Have you watched Public Enemies with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale? It is a 2009 movie about John Dillenger that was directed by Michael Mann. Very good.

stbrab

That gal in Undoing was smoking. I’d let her be my undoing.

Warrior is awesome. If you haven’t seen Strike Back or Penny Dreadful, check those out.

also, The Expanse on Amazon Prime is the best a scifi show ever
Agree on Warrior...it’s exceptional. Can’t believe it was canceled. Also, the Expanse...yes, it’s the best sci-fi I’ve seen...excellent.

Frog-in-law1995

Signed up for HBO Max the other day and have been going back through old movies I never really gave a chance. Just came across Mulholland Falls, and it’s really good. Unbelievable cast. Came out the year before LA Confidential which I loved, otherwise I’m sure I would’ve watched it. Love these neo-noir early-L.A. cop/mafia stories. Chinatown’s up next.