• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

LVH

Count me in the camp that thinks we have reached the upper limit of where Jamie Dixon could ever get us. I’m glad we’re no longer the 300th best team in the country, however, we could still do much better.

I think Seth Greenberg was right... Kansas struggled with Texas because Texas is so long, but we have no length so Kansas is allowed to run their slice and dice sets which completely exposes our defense since we can not contest the passing lanes.

Dixon's Pitt teams always had really good forwards and big men... seems like we have lacked in that area.

froggolf65

Question for Skip....

Does Dixon have set plays or do we just run motion? And do we ever draw up plays out of time outs?

Very rarely do you see a clear focus to get one intentional guy a look... whether it be run screens for a shooter or a post up inside.

CountryFrog

Kansas has played with infinitely more effort. They're getting just about every loose ball. They're out-rebounding us about 30-14. They're living at the line.

We look like we're taking the term "let the game come to you" literally.

Skip Jansen

Question for Skip....

Does Dixon have set plays or do we just run motion? And do we ever draw up plays out of time outs?

Very rarely do you see a clear focus to get one intentional guy a look... whether it be run screens for a shooter or a post up inside.

He doesn't run as many 'sets' as he did the first few years.

He ran some stuff for Des. Some curls off of a staggered screen type action. Probably not enough of it though.

The offense has really become a 4 out 1 in ball screen dominant style. He runs some false motion to occupy the help side defenders but it's pretty static.

Jamie is and has always been a defensive minded coach. When the Frogs don't execute on that end, the whole thing looks bad.

CountryFrog

He ran some stuff for Des. Some curls off of a staggered screen type action. Probably not enough of it though.

The offense has really become a 4 out 1 in ball screen dominant style. He runs some false motion to occupy the help side defenders but it's pretty static.

Jamie is and has always been a defensive minded coach. When the Frogs don't execute on that end, the whole thing looks bad.
Your last paragraph has been the most puzzling thing about our teams over the last few years. We've been mostly bad on defense since Jaime got here and this season hasn't shown a lot of hope for improvement.

Skip Jansen

Miles looks like the guy in baseball who is praying the ball won't get hit at him.

I mentioned (when he was playing well early) that the B12 teams would get a 'book' on him and he would have to make an adjustment.

Playing in the best league in the country with the best group of coaches in the country is a difficult proposition for any freshman. He'll be okay. Sometimes a dose of reality can be a good thing.

Rose Bowl

A good thing about this game is since no one cares everyone will have forgotten by morning. Without reading this thread I’m sure most are throwing the players under the bus and nobody is questioning the coaching.

Rose Bowl

Count me in the camp that thinks we have reached the upper limit of where Jamie Dixon could ever get us. I’m glad we’re no longer the 300th best team in the country, however, we could still do much better.
You have the gall to think we could ever find a coach better than Jamie. I expect you’ll be found under a bridge downtown soon.

Don’t you know JD is the best X’s and O’s coach this side of John Wooden.

LVH

In college basketball, offense is about talent, defense is about coaching

Tonight's defense was awful

Rose Bowl

The next set we run will be the first one all year. The game has changed but Jamie hasn’t and we’ll all have front row seats to see how it plays out. I’m betting it won’t be pretty.

Rose Bowl

In college basketball, offense is about talent, defense is about coaching

Tonight's defense was awful
I don’t think talent was the issue tonight. They weren’t great but it looked like they weren’t prepared at all. Players understand when they aren’t put in positions to succeed.

Latest posts