• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

Skip Jansen

Do we still run our usual "dribble out the shot clock and then force up a bad shot" offense?

If so, I think we'd be better off trying to push the ball and get some easy buckets. Like Skip said, don't give KU time to get into their defense.

Obviously minimizing turnovers and hitting free throws like we did in the KState game are important. But I think getting easy buckets is the key. You can't get away with forcing bad shots against teams like Kansas because they're going to run the other way and score on you. So if we're taking bad shots then transition D is important too. If they get alot of easy buckets then we're in trouble. And let's not forget that they're going to be in a bad mood with a point to prove because of the ass kicking Texas gave them.

Those are all great points bmoney. I'm glad you brought it up from the perspective of the Frogs defense.

Self does a great job offensively of putting the opposing defense in a bind. Their offense is almost entirely predicated on creating mismatches, whether it's with 'dribble handoffs' or 'duck-ins' off of ball screen action. They are basically begging the opponent to switch everything.

The problem is, they shoot the 3 well enough where you almost have to switch any perimeter stuff. Plus, they offensive rebound so well that if you do switch, they will find and attack the mismatch right away, especially if you have switched a small to a big or a big to a small.

They make you pick your poison. It's why they are always difficult to defend.

Last edited:

berryfrog95

Garrett is out.

down by 6, frustrating bc we’ve had 3 loose ball chances and each time KU gets it and then converts for points, difference in the game so far.

LVH

Garrett is out.

down by 6, frustrating bc we’ve had 3 loose ball chances and each time KU gets it and then converts for points, difference in the game so far.

Seems like each time we get our hands on the ball on defense and force a deflection it deflects right into the KU player's hands standing right under the basket in prime position to either make a layup or draw an easy foul

LVH

Is there any reason whatsoever Fran and Mark are not actually calling the game courtisde? This is ridiculous