• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. Rock Chalk

Skip Jansen

Obviously a huge game and a great opportunity for the Frogs. Let's hear what everyone thinks are the keys to the game tonight.

I'll start-

-KU rebounds almost 34% of their misses. Frogs allow the opposition 25%.
-Both teams avg. around 13 TO/gm.

Frogs need to hold KU closer to 25% than 34%. Frogs also need to win the TO battle. Those are my two biggest stat keys.

Individually, I expect Garrett to check RJ. So... look for the Frogs to let Miles and Bello handle the ball more in the half court. I also expect the Frogs to use their smaller quicker lineup at the 1-3.

If Garrett does defend RJ, I expect the Frogs to get out in transition off of TOs and rebounds and look for early offense after makes. This will keep KU from getting their defense set and cause mismatches with defenders losing their coverage due to 'cross matching' their guards.

What say ye?

TRF51

I say we have as good of a chance as we have had in a while, they are not as good as they normally are and we are better then we have been in a few years.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I don't expect a win. I don't expect to get blown out either. And I think a win is entirely possible. In my opinion this is a better team than we've had in recent years, and KU may be worse. The margins though are yet to be determined. Those differences may still be very slight.

We have to try to stay out of the ugly halfcourt grind as best as we can. Defense will be the key. If we can force mediocre looks and rebound... I don't want to jinx my hopes by saying it.

Either way, lets scheissing go Frogs!

Rose Bowl

Skip, you hit it on the head. Turnovers and rebounds are most probably the keys to the game. Our best players have to be our best players. Need big games by RJ, Mike and big Kevin.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Do we still run our usual "dribble out the shot clock and then force up a bad shot" offense?

If so, I think we'd be better off trying to push the ball and get some easy buckets. Like Skip said, don't give KU time to get into their defense.

Obviously minimizing turnovers and hitting free throws like we did in the KState game are important. But I think getting easy buckets is the key. You can't get away with forcing bad shots against teams like Kansas because they're going to run the other way and score on you. So if we're taking bad shots then transition D is important too. If they get alot of easy buckets then we're in trouble. And let's not forget that they're going to be in a bad mood with a point to prove because of the ass kicking Texas gave them.