• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

I thought those baseball funding rules changed recently

believe that is correct and will defer to those who have worn a tcu jersey for the proper answer

actually believe from now on just as twitter has the blue check the site should have purple checks for those who wore a tcu jersey, heck, why not a forum solely for block t members.

kaiser soze

We may well have been Rambo's second option back when he signed. I'd expect us to have interest.
Couple thoughts re today's topic on DFW/local area recruiting success (or lack there of):

1) Increased portal activity may become a net positive for TCU for kids that went afar chasing bright lights, big stadiums and want to come home(ish). See Chandler Morris.

2) IMO staff spent the past 3-4 years focused higher up the starsie funnel early on in recruiting cycles under premise we'd capture our share or be able to fall back. We didn't and missed out on securing the local 3-4 stars we used to clean up on. Sure we landed a Jalen Reagor , but more often than not were brides maid to a Dylan Wright, Chandler Morris, Savion Byrd, Marcel Brooks, etc.

Froggish

When is the actual signing day? Are there specific players we are hoping to sign at that time?

There are 2 signing days in today’s D1 college football world ...“early signing” in Dec and last signing which is in February (Feb 3rd this year). Don’t know who we are specifically targeting but we definitely will look for a safety, OL, and another slot WR.

PO Frog

believe that is correct and will defer to those who have worn a tcu jersey for the proper answer

actually believe from now on just as twitter has the blue check the site should have purple checks for those who wore a tcu jersey, heck, why not a forum solely for block t members.
Nobody will admit to being a Block T
Member so the site will go the way of the dodo quickly .

westoverhillbilly

Much of this talk about us missing out on DFW kids has to do with the long held premise by Gary and many others that TCU has much better respect from afar than it does in its own backyard. It would be nice to have all local and Texas kids, but that's just not how it's working right now. OU and Nebraska (when they were great) drew their kids from all over and we're starting to sign 4 stars from Virginia, Iowa and other places that nearly everyone wanted. In the general student body, TCU gets great students from all over the country and this is starting to be reflected in our athletic programs. Not perfect and there will be many misses as always, but I think we'll be very good soon.

Punter1

Nobody will admit to being a Block T
Member so the site will go the way of the dodo quickly .

Kinda like the Colonial Golf Tournament to many/most will always be the The Colonial (despite whatever jake-leg sponsor they have)...the Letterman's Association to many/most will always be referred to as such...

Eight

Me. On many occasions. Many very hurtful occasions.

patterson.jpg

just trying to grow you up​

Last edited:

CardFrog

I do think there is some allure for kids "going away" to school and not staying in their hometown. Not that it means we give up on DFW but I think there is some element to battle here. But put me in the category of I don't care where they come from as long as it makes us collectively better, Texas, Louisiana, the Portal I don't give a [ Finebaum ]. Hell let them all come from Austin.

Eight

For the love of god can someone find some actual recruiting news to post in here?!?!

duncanville is playing slc this saturday and gp north shore is playing westlake with the winners meeting for the state title

not sure if there are any 2021 prospects who haven't signed on any of those squads, but there is going to be some elite juniors playing in those two games

Moose Stuff

duncanville is playing slc this saturday and gp north shore is playing westlake with the winners meeting for the state title

not sure if there are any 2021 prospects who haven't signed on any of those squads, but there is going to be some elite juniors playing in those two games

Saw Duncanville/IMG this year. Duncanville is loaded and IMG made them look like a JV team.

Eight

Saw Duncanville/IMG this year. Duncanville is loaded and IMG made them look like a JV team.

don't even consider img a high school team with the "national" team that drubbed duncanville and then their "varsity" team that went two rounds deep in the florida state playoffs

two very good junior quarterback prospects in the duncanville - slc game, group of talented offensive linemen, and some quality underclass defenders

westlake has posted some insane defensive stats, but the big question is their level of competition to this point

MAcFroggy

This shocks me...I thought he was a productive starter with a great young passer and a HC that knows how to get multiple WRs the ball.

I thInk OU just recruited WR so well that he got passed up. Mims, Stogner (TE), Theo Wease, etc. Not to mention recruits coming in and Haselwood coming back from injury. He got a touchdown in the bowl game, but before that he had not had one since the first game of the season. He had his chance to be the go to guy when CeeDee left, and he didn't produce.

I imagine he ends up at SMU, but who knows for sure.