• The KillerFrogs

Charleston Rambo enters the portal and comes out........who knows where

Eight

And for those that tend to freak out when kids leave the program, it's where we are in college football. Happening everywhere in droves. I bet the grass might be greener on the other side in about 20% of the cases.

ou has definitely stepped up the roster turnover in recent seasons

signed 114 kids in the last 5 classes plus a number of transfers into the program

bama signed 126 kids during that time period and ohio state 110,

FrogAbroad

Okay, got some questions about the infamous Transfer Portal. No trick questions, just desirous of understanding. Which, if any, of these are "legal" under the current (as of today, anyway) rules?
  1. Johnny Junior wants out of his present program and contacts Coach Smitty asking, "Hey, If I leave here, will there be a place for me at Smitty U.?"
  2. Coach Smitty bumps into Johnny Junior in the hand sanitizer aisle at Walmart and says, "Hey, Johnny, if you ever wanna transfer to Smitty U send me a text." Some time later, Johnny texts Coach and expresses interest.
  3. Coach Smitty is interviewed after the Dyno-Thane Spark Emerald Fire Bowl and is asked about next season's prospects. He replies, "Welp...we losin' a bunch o' good seniors so we're hopin' for our underclassmen to grow up and gon' be watchin' that transfer portal like a homely bridesmaid waitin' for the bouquet." Johnny says "Hmmm..." and fires of a text to the Coacher.
What's the forum's call?

Paint It Purple

Toads at 117.
Dutch Meyer once showed up at a practice and noticed that the stadium crew had placed “TOADS” onto the scoreboard instead of Horned Frogs. He summoned the crew and explained to them that he wanted it taken down immediately and he better never see toads again.

edit: not that it matters much, but I just noticed that I said Dutch. I meant to say Abe Martin. The other legend.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

From what little I saw of Rambo the last couple years he seems like a guy with incredible physical ability who just isn't reliable enough catching the football and that's why he saw his playing time diminish last year.

I could be wrong on that. It's not like I just emerged from my den after watching 15 hours of film on him. It was barely 10 hours.

Froggish

From what little I saw of Rambo the last couple years he seems like a guy with incredible physical ability who just isn't reliable enough catching the football and that's why he saw his playing time diminish last year.

I could be wrong on that. It's not like I just emerged from my den after watching 15 hours of film on him. It was barely 10 hours.

He’s had the droppsies for sure